Chapter 5

"My Lady," Elizabeth said suddenly appearing beside her, "The meat...oh," She trailed off seeing the men standing there. "I will..."

"Go get the order that is ready for pick up," Esme said, and Elizabeth nodded. "Thank you, Elizabeth, I appreciate it."

"Yes, My Lady," Elizabeth said slipping past her and walked between the lion and lioness. "I'll see you later Osiris and Shiva, don't have too much fun." She patted the top of their heads then got in her jeep and drove off.

"What can I do for you, Gentlemen?" Esme asked as she clutched the sides of her jeans.

"May we please come in?" Victor asked politely.

"I am not sure all of you will fit comfortably but very well," She barely nodded, "They may pass Osiris and Shiva. They will be leaving shortly, I promise, the pride is protected."

Osiris and Shiva walked to the back of the house, but they noticed that Osiris sat at the corner where he could still watch them closely. "Thank you," Victor said as they started to approach her.

"You're welcome," She said politely as she left the door open. "Excuse me but can I inquire about this sudden visitation? I thought we have made things perfectly clear so there is no reason for this." She walked past them and headed to the kitchen.

They followed and watched as she entered another room attached. They followed and realized that it was a second kitchen where she was currently cutting up some meat.

"We wanted to meet you," Victor said as he watched her drop the meat into various open buckets that were spread out on the floor.

"There is no reason for it, Sir," She said as she dropped the cutting board into a soaking sink then washed her hands. "Excuse me," She murmured as she walked past them back into the previous kitchen and started removing various fruits and vegetables and started cutting them up. "Sorry you wasted the trip, but there is no reason for you to be here."

"Why did you refuse our money?" Victor asked as they watched her put containers on all the buckets after double checking the lids then start to carry them out to a large truck. The men started grabbing the ones on the floor to help.

"Because I don't need it Sir," She said huffing when she saw what they were doing. "I am perfectly fine handling my businesses on my own. Although I do appreciate the lovely donation, it will be very beneficial for the hospital. Now excuse me," She turned to face the truck that was pulling up. "Edward, how can I help you?"

"Excuse me Miss Graves, but I found this on the side of the road. It was hit by a vehicle, I figured you could use it." He lowered the back and she walked over to him.

There in the back was a gazelle. "Thank you, Edward, this will be put to good use. Osiris!" The lion got up from where he was watching and headed over to them. The young man quickly jumped into the truck and locked the doors. "Look what Edward found for your pride."

Osiris stood and started pulling the gazelle off the truck. Shiva arrived and started pulling on it as well. Soon it was off the truck and they started carrying it away. Esme watched until she could no longer see them but she chuckled when she heard Osiris roar and the men jumped. She patted the back of the truck then moved out of the way as Edward drove off. She pulled the Jeep keys out of her pocket once she checked that all the buckets she needed were in the vehicle then turned to the men.

"Can we help in anyway?" Victor asked as she got into her Jeep.

"No, now please leave," She slid her sunglasses on, "I have places to be. Good day Gentlemen." She rolled her eyes when she saw they were following her. She pulled up to her designated spot and got out then started grabbing a bucket.

"Safe Haven Wildlife Sanctuary and Hospital, nice," Gabriel said as he looked around.

"Miss Graves," A couple of men said as they left the building. "Roscoe is refusing to eat, we can't give him his medication."

"Alright," She nodded, "Start feeding the tortoises," She pointed to a bucket. "Bring in what you can and I'll come help as soon as I'm done with Roscoe." She grabbed a bucket then headed inside completely ignoring the men following her.

"Oh Miss Graves," A woman called out sticking her head out of a room, "that sudden donation?"

"Use it to schedule the surgery to try and repair Raja and Nala's paws from the declawing," She said and the lady nodded as Esme kept walking.