Chapter 1

A 16 year old Lisa stood still on an open green field. Her eyes focused on the target in front of her as she held onto her English, wooden bow in front of her torso. Her index, middle and thumb grasped lightly onto the feather tip of the arrow and skillfully notched it onto the bow.

Lisa drew the bowstring back, her muscle straining against the natural strength of the longbow, forcing the arrow back to her cheek. She blew her bangs away from her eyes, and focused on the target. She mentally evaluated her target– she named it the wench target, the range, distance, crosswinds and elevated her aim to allow the estimated arch and drop of the arrow.

Finally, Lisa released the arrow with a loud pronounced cracking snap of the bowstring. Atlas, she missed the bullseye.

Well.... rather, the arrow missed the drawing of Jennie pinned on the bullseye.

"How am I shooting so terribly?!"

She tightened her hold on the bow again and held her breath for a second before letting go of the arrow between her fingers. She watched it shoot through the air then groaned as the arrow missed the bullseye once again.

"This day is truly horrible!" She groaned.

Her blonde friend laughed lightly, "I take it she's arriving today?" She took hold of another arrow and placed it in Lisa's opened hand. "Like every summer, every year. It amazes me how you still act surprised."

Lisa narrowed her eyes, "I rather you shoot me with this arrow then be near that wench." Her eyes casted back towards the target and tried shooting once more. "Oh damn," Lisa sighed, missing the drawing again.

Her blonde hair friend giggled, taking another arrow and tapping the feather side on Lisa's head, "Are you deliberately missing?"

"You exaggerate!"

"Well, I do not blame you. I must admit, I for one could never damage such a flawless face as well."

"You're supposed to be on my side, Rosé!" Lisa whined, snatching the wooden arrow from her friend's grasp. "Why does this torment of mine amuse you?" The raven haired princes whined.

Rosé isn't any sort of royalty, however, she was the only one that treated Lisa like she was an actual human not just a princess. They met at a pastry shop and fought over the same cake. And, when Rosé monstrously took the cake from Lisa's hand, Lisa knew they would be such great friends.

Rosé was also undoubtedly stunning in every way. Her eyes were a light shade of brown and Lisa would describe the shape as almonds. Her face was slightly longer but still very fair and delicate.

Her hair was light and long with soft curls. She was thinner built than the princess herself and slightly taller. It is no surprise that Rosé has many suitors because she had the brightest smile and the sweetest charm.

However, she explained to Lisa that she refused to acknowledge them. She has way too many things to accomplish with her life.

Rosé rolled her eyes while taking the bow and arrow from both of her hands and dropping to the floor.

"Stop your wailing and make haste. Your guests are arriving and they require your presence just as much my mothers shop requires my own."

Lisa sighed in defeat, "Fine. But, if she so much mocks my bangs, I will throw her on that target board and shoot her–."

"And miss," Rosé interrupted.

"Shut it."

Her blonde friend laughed while locking their arms together as they made their way back to the castle, "Why do you vex her so?" Lisa scoffed,