xxvii. final goodbyes

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

⇘ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ⇙𝔓𝔒𝔙〓〓〓𝔍𝔄ℭ𝔎ℑ𝔈 𝔅𝔄ℜℜ𝔒𝔚┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅。゚・ 𝑏𝑟𝑢𝑡𝑎𝑙 𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ ⊹˚

⇘ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ⇙
𝔓𝔒𝔙〓〓〓𝔍𝔄ℭ𝔎ℑ𝔈 𝔅𝔄ℜℜ𝔒𝔚
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
。゚・ 𝑏𝑟𝑢𝑡𝑎𝑙 𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ ⊹˚.⋆
ˑ༄ ‧₊˚★⋅𖤐˖꒷꒥꒷✧ ཻུ۪۪ ։❀ ༣ཾ྄∘ ʕꈍᴥꈍʔ
⇣≡ㅤㅤㅤㅤ𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟽ㅤㅤㅤㅤ⨟
⇗ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ⇖

TO hell with us.

i remember everything, well until my head met the floor. i can't make out anything else that happened that night.

junior had tried to save me, not kill me. and i tried killing myself for him. i was desperate.

i glance at chucky. junior's still acting as if he hates me, which makes chucky laugh. i hate this so much. i want to hug junior and say i'm sorry. i want him to be with me. but i need to figure out myself first. i want this to be over so it could just be us.

i look at junior who's still has his eyes on chucky behind me. "come with us."

i shake my head at him. i'm not going anywhere chucky's going anymore. i can't betray jake like that. i just can't leave him. and i don't love junior enough to do that.

"come with us, and it'll be better than it ever was before." i keep shaking my head, eyes full of tears. but junior continues. "you and me. together."

i turn to my side slightly so i can look at chucky and junior at the same time. "i'm not like that. i can't junior."

"bullshit," chucky shouts, with an eye roll. "you're exactly like that, and you know it. you and junior are made for each other."

i slowly shut my eyes, shaking my head. "i loved you, junior. i honestly did. or i thought i did." i open my eyes looking at him. his face falls.

"because you were kind, cause you were loyal, cause you wanted to be my friend even when i was a bratty kiss ass around you. god, i was so petty. and you were the sweetest boy ever." i move my eyes to him slowly. "but i can't but myself though this. i can't leave with you. i can't be with you."

chucky places a hand to his forehead. "i think i'm gonna be sick. he's not a boy, he's a man."

i shake my head away from chucky. "no, junior, you're a boy. an you will never be the kind of man he want's you to be."

chucky just rolls his eyes. "kill her for good now, junior!"

i stubble back slightly when junior raises the knife to my throat, from a distance. i try to think of the moments i had with him. i try to think of reasons why he can still change.

"junior..." i pause looking at him with tears flowing down my cheeks. "this isn't you, you can still change. i can still be with you. we can still fix us, this."

chucky laughs. "bullshit!" he calls out. "kill her or i will!"

junior lowers his knife. "i can't." he whispers. i can't do this. i can't kill you, i can't pretend anymore, and i can't- i just don't want to do it anymore. but i want to do everything with you."

i smile at him as he drops the knife.

"god, i have to do everything my fucking self."

junior's eyes widen as chucky runs from behind me and digs the knife back into my skin. god i remember this painful feeling. it hurts and it's ugly.

chucky laughs as he watches me fall to the ground. junior shouts and stabs chucky in the chest, in one quick movement. "leave her alone. she's not like us."

he crawls over to me with his hands on my face. "no no no no." he whispers rubbing his hands down my face. "please no, not again paige."

i try sitting up but my stomach stops me. "i really need to stop killing myself for you." he shakes his head in fear. "paige please don't die. don't die. stay with me."

i shake my head with a dry, forced laugh. "don't tell me what to do."

he places his hands in my hair. he can't look anywhere but my eyes and i love it. i love that he wants to just stay in this moment. just us. but eventually we both know one of us has to let go, and i'll beat him to it.

"please. god no."

i shake my at him. "this is really it." i breath out.

"stop. don't say this like that. you're not dying!"

i place my hand on his cheek and he leans into it. he watches me with tears filling his eyes. "i want you to kiss me." i whisper, glancing at his lips rubbing together. he shakes his head with more tears forming in his eyes. "you're confusing, paige burrow."

i laugh, but it comes out with a cough. "i want you-" another moment of heavy breathing, "i want you to kiss me slow and patiently. then i want you to hold my hand." my cheeks have wet tears al over my face.

he shakes his head. "i'm not kissing you cause your not dying. i'm not holding you because you don't love me."

i just nod. "would you die for me?"

junior hesitates. i bet he's thinking of what life would be like, without his parents. and without me. then he nods, glancing at the knife in my skin. "yes. i'd die for you without a thought."

i smile at his answer.

i just smile. but he turns my smile way when he presses his lips on top of mine slowly. he doesn't rush anything. he just holds us there with our lips on top of each other. it's more then i want.

i want to stay here forever.

when he pulls apart, i open my eyes looking down at him. he's smiling. i think that he's forcing a smile for me, cause i know he's terrified. he doesn't want to move on, but i know he'll do it for me.

"i'm sorry." i finally say, tears streaming all the way down my jaw.

he presses his lips to my forehead. "it's not your fault." he whispers multiple times against my forehead. i listen to his words as he holds me. i force my eyes close and just listen to him talk. he talks about what our dog would've been, where we would've lived, and our baby's names.

i just listen to him as i take my final breath and finally feel peace for the first time in eight years.

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄.

FUCK U CHUCKY. FUCK UR LIFE, FUCK UR UGLY FUCKING RED HAIR, AND FUCK UR STUPID FUCKING FACE, ASSHOLE!

◣━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◢