xxviii. the end? if only.

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

⇘ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ⇙𝔓𝔒𝔙〓〓〓 𝔍𝔄𝔎𝔈 𝔚ℌ𝔈𝔈𝔏𝔈ℜ┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅。゚・ 𝑏𝑟𝑢𝑡𝑎𝑙 𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ ⊹˚

⇘ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ⇙
𝔓𝔒𝔙〓〓〓 𝔍𝔄𝔎𝔈 𝔚ℌ𝔈𝔈𝔏𝔈ℜ
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
。゚・ 𝑏𝑟𝑢𝑡𝑎𝑙 𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ ⊹˚.⋆
ˑ༄ ‧₊˚★⋅𖤐˖꒷꒥꒷✧ ཻུ۪۪ ։❀ ༣ཾ྄∘ ʕꈍᴥꈍʔ
⇣≡ㅤㅤㅤㅤ𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟾ㅤㅤㅤㅤ⨟
⇗ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ⇖

"CAROLINE." i approach carline with patience. she continues to stare at the big screen. she hasn't met my eyes either. i slightly glance to the right of her and see her dad's dead body. a shiver goes down my spine and i look back at caroline.

"hey. care? devon's gonna get you out of here, but you have to hold his hand the whole time." i sympathized to caroline.

she didn't look at me as she responded. "but the movies not over yet."

"i know," i plead. "we'll watch it later. but right now, devon' gonna get you out of here." caroline turns in her seat and grabs devon's hand.

"but what about daddy?" she asks. i ignore her question. not because i don't care about her dad, but, because he's dead and i don't think explaining that to caroline right now is the perfect time.

her and devon walk back out theater room.

i take glances around the room as i hear chucky's evil giggle. its ugly and unpleasant. i don't see him in the chairs, so i look under. when i move my head under the seats i see small doll feet sprinting across the floor. not just across the floor, he's headed towards caroline and devon.

i sit up to warn the two. "he's coming! go!"

devon doesn't hesitate. he picks up the speed with caroline right behind him, hand in hand. when they walk out, chucky comes from under the seats.

"chucky!" i yelled. he turns around with the bloody knife tight in his hands. "here i am, asshole! come and get me!"

chucky slowly starts to walk towards my direction, admiring his knife. "you know what, jake? once i hack you to pieces, the worlds gonna forget all about you. eventually, they're gonna forget the names of everybody who died here tonight. all they'll remember is the number of people i killed. my body count. and they'll remember my name. and from now on, when they think of hackensack, they won't thin about families, they won't think about kids growing up, to be doctors or CEOs or instagram influencers." chucky said, still heading my direction. "they won't think about pathetic losers like you, jake. they'll think of hackensack as ground zero for the army of me that invaded america."

i nod unamused from his statement. "not if we stop that truck." i hiss back.

"not if i kill you first."