T. Fushiguro | Path To Follow

ʷᵃʳⁿⁱⁿᵍ: ˢᵗʳᵒⁿᵍ ˡᵃⁿᵍᵘᵃᵍᵉ.

ⁿᵒᵗᵉˢ : ᵗʰⁱˢ ⁱˢ ʷʳⁱᵗᵗᵉⁿ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᴛᵒʲⁱ'ˢ ᵖᵒⁱⁿᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵛⁱᵉʷ

(Y/N)

Yeah, that was her name. I've no idea how I found myself loving her annoying presence. Always distracting me here and there, nagging and complaining all day. Not even once did she not allow me to stay in her home when I needed one, unlike those scumbags of a clan.

As an assassin, I had to travel all the way to Hokkaido to get rid of someone I was assigned to. I had to get every single penny I could just to repay my debt to an asshole.

Simply travelling by myself, ignoring those weird stares I receive from different people. Honestly, they make me want to commit mass genocide and I wouldn't get arrested.

Despite me losing the path I tried to follow, she gave me a chance to follow a new one.

That was what I wanted, a path to start following again and leave the one I attempted to and lost my way.

She found me sitting on a bench, sleeping peacefully under the winter night. Yeah, I was a fucking idiot for sleeping outside during winter.

"Sir? Sir, are you alright? You're freezing." I felt her hand cup my cheek.

That voice, that fucking voice.

Why won't the gods take me back to the night we met?

She let me sleep in her home, fed me, and gave me clothes for free. And I didn't know what the hell I'm supposed to do about it but accept whatever she gave.

I wished I just left by the time I woke. I should've told myself not to ride along with her. I shouldn't have let her come along.

I had all and the most of her, the gods allowed me to. She wanted me as much as I wanted her, I had some and now none of her.

Care to take me back to the night we met?

I had everything I wanted, what the fuck happened? We dated for a few months, I proposed, she became my fiance, we married on a piece of paper, I took her surname, then– she got pregnant.

I didn't know what I'm supposed to do the time I heard her blurt out the words of pregnancy while holding three pregnancy tests in front of my face.

"I'm pregnant, Toji." She smiled at me with tears in her eyes. "We're going to be parents, I'm gonna be a mother." She cried and I kept silent, loading her words into my brain and I mumbled, "I'm gonna be a father. . ."

"Yes, you are." She hugged me and cried tears of joy. I couldn't help but hug back, tighter than she did, processing everything and soon, I joined crying, tears rolling down my cheeks and I murmured what I had just said earlier.

"I want to name her Megumi if it's a girl."

This was a blessing from the gods.

But will this blessing have a great father?

I stayed closer to her, I became protective, I couldn't let her out of my sight, I slept with her and watch as she close her eyes with a small smile on her face. No, there was no way I could let her waddle off without me, not when I felt her burning with cursed energy, I didn't have.