N. Kento | Take your place

ᵃʳʳᵃⁿᵍᵉᵈ ᵐᵃʳʳⁱᵃᵍᵉ

"You are in no place to disobey."

You sat there, eyeing your hands while listening to your father rambling about your arranged marriage with another businessman from a higher company that could easily put your family's business into bankruptcy.

"Are you listening to me, [ name ]? This is for the sake of our family's business. It's either we live on the streets or marry him."

You had no choice.

Even if you deny your father, in the end, you're still marrying the stranger. Besides, who would like to live in the streets? You know how horrible it'd be if you had no other decision other than to accept the terms and marry the man you've been arranged with and live with him for the rest of your life.

"I'll marry him."

You didn't have to look up at your father's face full of satisfaction. You knew he was happy because his business will then thrive. 

Our business.

It was his and only his business all these years. He gave no care for his family unless it was about the company. Your mother had the same fate you were about to enter too, she was arranged to marry your dad and now you're here. Unfortunately, your mother passed years ago after giving birth to your young brother who will then carry the company once your father retires.

"Good. Now sign this and we'll plan the wedding." 

He slides a sheet of paper into your view with a pen rolling to your hand as he taps the tip of his finger on the blank space at the end of the text printed on it.

"[ name ]. Hurry."

You were a little hesitant but in the end, you brought yourself to signing the paper.

You're going to give up everything you dreamed of and marry this stranger. For the sake of your father's satisfaction. You were going to find yourself soon holding a bouquet while walking down the aisle with your luxurious wedding gown. To bind yourself with this stranger forever.

But what are you doing right now?

You were hurriedly packing your necessities, along with your brother's stuff in two duffle bags while he watched you pack everything.

"But won't father find us?" 

He tilts his head and you shake your head no before turning to smile at him.

"Don't worry. We'll stay at my friend's apartment. Don't tell anyone, okay?" 

He nodded his head. How obedient. You loved that your brother wasn't stubborn and listened to you always. He listened to your dad but he favoured you more. Since you were the only person who stood by his side since he was a baby.

He called him Father yet he never thought of him like one. How could he when he was never home in the first place? He was either out there typing or fucking someone on his desk.

You grabbed your brother's small hand before heading out of the house, telling him to wait for you while you grab the bags. Later on, the two of you managed to grab a cab as soon as you got the bags out and now you're here. Sitting on the couch, inside your friend's apartment whom you trust so much.

"Geez, your dad really forced you to marry someone? If I were you I'd already be at the airport." She joked, laughing before shaking her head, "okay okay, sorry. But seriously, do you know this man you're marrying?" You shook your head and she clicked her tongue.