◇1◇ When it all started...

I was resting among the thick branches of an old oak tree and I had been thinking about the deers and other beautiful animals in the forest of Mirkwood, that they are very similar to us, more than men. Deers, wild horses, wolves, strong, free and amazing creatures, just like us. Then why are there some elves, who are hunting them down, just like those selfish mortal men?

Once I was on a banquet in the Great Palace of the King, where we had celebrated a victorious battle and the festive meal contained various kinds of meat, next to the exotic fruits, vegetables, and the breathtaking desserts, but I had kept myself to my vegan diet. It's because I adore all the animals, wild or tame and also I had believed, and still believe, that nobody has the right to hurt them! Luckily I've never had a conflict about it, so otherwise I enjoyed the big celebration. It was my first time seeing the royal family, and I had thought the last, as well, however it changed soon to my suprise. At first I hadn't paid much attention to Orpher and his son, but once, when I glanced at them, they were so glorius and magnificent in their shiny cloaks, I had tried hard to not stare at them again and again.

So this time I was deep in thoughts, when I heard something from far away. Maybe deers, maybe horses, but I didn't pay much attention to it, until I heard the sounds were aproaching. Then I started to eavesdropping, because if they are orcs I must report the case to my Leader.

When I finally spot them, I eased, because luckily they were elves riding mighty horses. But what elves! They were the royal family, with a few bodyguards and soldiers. When I started to wonder, what is going on with these important people here in an unused part of the forest, I noticed a lot of dogs, who were sniffing around and were leading the elves. "Oh no, they are hunting!" I thought, and I was right.