21

I stood there with my eyes wide open, my mouth hanging open and salty tears in my eyes as I fought with all my might to not release them and break down right now. I clenched my fists visibly shaking. My legs were as soft as butter but the great desire to get to him helped me to move.

Slowly at first step by step then I got faster. My soft calls for the general turned into loud screams which could be heard all over the beach and even seemed to drown out the sound of the sea. When I got to him I put my hand over my mouth. I could hardly look at
him.

,,Kazuha?"

he asked with slightly opened eyes. A miracle that he could still open his mouth. I threw myself on my knees instinctively pressing my head against his. I just had to feel him in that moment. I had to feel that he was still here with me.

,,Shhhhh don't say anything! It will be alright! I promise I'll get you out of here! I have to get you out of here!"

I muttered desperately to myself struggling to pull Gorou's heavy body through the wet sand.

,,Apparently the Shougun has a good sniper don't you think?"

He said giggling but then he coughed. Crying I asked him to be quiet as I saw the blood seeping out of the corner of his mouth. I could see a wound on his forehead. But that wasn't the wound that scared the shit out of me.

An arrow - no three had hit him. One was burrowed into his hip and the other one hit the spot under his right breast quite close to his heart. The last arrow was lodged deep in his stomach. Impossible to remove without causing more damage. That was bad I knew it I felt it.

But he still had to get away from the beach. I had to bring him to a more saver place. I ignored his cries of pain or at least tried to. I apologized at least a hundred times but I didn't let myself be bothered.

It seemed like an eternity when we finally reached the end of the beach and I was able to lay him in the soft grass between naku weed. I gently laid his head on my lap. Then, trembling I kissed his forehead.

,,Everything will be fine Gorou nothing will happen to you"

I kept whispering those words like some kind of spell. I tried to manipulate myself. It couldn't be like that.

That had to be a dream!
Just a stupid and stupid nightmare to be exact.

Gorou touched my cheek and brushed my tears away. His fingers were so cold. They barely touched me. They ghosted rather on my skin.

,,Kazuha what are you doing? are you crying again?I'm right here"

,,I don't want you to leave me! Gorou please stay with me! I don't want to lose you I don't want to lose anyone anymore not someone I love! Please"

,,What are you talking about? I'm just tired...I'm so tired let me sleep okay?"

He started to close his eyes but I cried out in desperation.

,,Hey! Wake up! Gorou we wanted to look at the stars together! Do not leave me alone! Please, we wanted to see them together! You promised me!"

I repeated in vain. He did not say anything. He only smiled slightly and I could see a tear slipping out of the corner of his eye and rolling down his cheek. His lips were slightly parted. Otherwise he was quite pale. But still beautiful to look at. How can someone covered in blood an wounds still look this beautiful?
Only he managed to do that.

,,Gorou! Please come on! look at me"

,,Y-you can do it all you are so so so strong"

he stammered to himself.

,,I love you! I love you Gorou! Do you hear me?I love you! No you can't go now! You promised me! You said we're gonna watch the stars together!"

He didn't answer.
His blue eyes stared at me blankly. He looked like a doll.
fake.
Unreal.
Creepy.
At that moment it felt like the world had ended.

...

To be continued

...

Prepare for the last chapter guys