Before all this

Tw: language and gore

<3

The world wasn't perfect but it was livable

The world wasn't perfect but it was livable..at some degree, but now..I don't even know what to call it traumatizing? Loud? Sad?... Unlivable sounds so much better than all those.. but before..all this.. you know before the dead was suddenly walking and in every corner you looked at, it was just my dad, mom and me . I was an only child since my mom wasn't able to produce more children, I don't mind really. though sometimes it is lonely, my dad passed away before all this, enough about that that's not even how the story begins.
It began the day..of whatever this apocalypse thing is.

"Aurora you need to get up, you can't be in your room listening too crime documentary's all day" spoke a brown headed women she was tall and very pretty was a perfectionist and was always on the good side of the world meaning she never saw anything bad, even when dad died, "actually I can and I will it's my only day off what else am I gonna do" Aurora said as she cleaned her room a bit after having a mental breakdown last night due to the stress she had for preparing for next weeks exam, she wasn't really an all A student she struggled a lot .
"Why don't we go to the store huh..let's get some chips and sodas ! Cmon you can't be overworking yourself cmon" maybe she was right all I do is stay in my room and study for hours..don't know why I do when I'm always failing these stupid ass exams.. right then and there is seemed like a good idea..I wish we stayed home that day .

On the ride to the store all you could see was families walking their dogs and bright green trees it was beautiful, seeing kids with their fathers and mothers running around enjoying themselves. Something I probably won't experience ever. As mom stopped at a stop light I saw this old pedestrian getting tackled by a man that looked like he was in his mid  20s as I kept watching I saw the people around him start to run, scream and or cry. I thought they were being over dramatic until I saw what was happening. At this point I was tuning out my mom who was complaining about the stop light taking so long. Right as I was about to look away I saw it

The man had ripped the older mans neck it was so vicious like the man hadn't eaten it days. Shock took over my body as he was ripping this poor old man screaming in absolute pain crying as his grandkids in the back stood in shock. He looked rotten and half his jaw looked eaten off. Right behind the small girls another man jumps on one of the girls biting her head blood was splashing everywhere. I felt like I was in some video game, right as I was about to turn to tell my mom she was already yelling at me and pushing my arm I was so trapped in what just happened I didn't even notice how many of those things were around, "AURORA SNAP OUT OF IT, WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE NOW" I'd never seen my mom so anxious before she was shaking and trying to compose herself, we couldn't even keep driving they were everywhere, all around us. Just then she grabbed my face and looked at me "listen to me, we need to run back to the house it's safer plus we just went grocery shopping we can stay until this is all over ok but, I need you to run" I nodded she nodded back as a sign to get out quickly as we got out I met up with her at the back of the car I couldn't even think until she grabbed my hand and ran avoiding the dead among us. My heart was beating so fast only then I truly though this was real, I was actually running for my life, just when I thought things  couldn't get worse I got tackled down by one of them he smelled terrible and his skin was so rotten his eye was ripped out with fresh blood on his face, I truly thought this was the end...all I ever did was grief and never work out anything I was truly prepared to die...

Just then my mom pushed him over and landed on him, I only heard faint screaming as she was yelling at me to go home and lock the doors.. my vision was getting blurry I was breathing so heavily I could pass out right here and now, my mom was getting her stomach ripped wide open her screams were echoing leading others to come I could see the tears leave her eyes as she looked at me trying to speak. Just then I felt like I had flashbacks to all the memories we had and all the times I could of treated her nicely, just as I snapped back into reality,she was dead.

As I ran back home I saw all the people I use to talk to on the daily getting eaten or being one of them I felt like the last hope I had in my heart was drained when I saw my moms body,
finally I opened the door locking every window and door hiding in the pantry until It was somewhat quite, I sat there for what felt like days but in reality it was about 5 hours it was dark out, I could help but silently cry to myself the pain my mother was in, her screams in anguish and pleading for it to be over, I couldn't do anything but stand there like a fucking idiot, as I got a thought about needing a weapon I got out slowly looking around i saw  my baseball bat, I don't like sports but I always played with my dad and mom.

Quickly Aurora grabbed the back and found some nails putting them  into the bat  blocking the windows and doors...

Just then...I saw what once was my mother her organs dragging behind her as she limped across the street I didn't think my heart could break anymore but in that moment it did. All I felt was anger and sadness before I could even process what had happened a few of them slammed on the back door since it was glass they saw me. In that moment I realized it's death or nothing in the end, and I knew damn well I wasn't the one that was gonna die tonight. Opening the door grabbing my bat, somehow the blood felt nice seeing them one by one as their heads get smashed into nothing but brains blood and squish.

After about 5 of them I locked and covered the glass of the door, it felt off not hearing my mother, I had just gotten somewhat over my dad and now this, all she wanted was to live happily even if the love of her life was gone. She told me so many times she was never gonna marry again cause she loved him so much. I laid my back on the wall sliding down trying not to cry too loudly. I couldn't breathe I thought I was suffocating.
"Mom I'm so sorry...I could save you..just tell dad I love him and I love you...always" is all she could whisper to herself over and over and over. At this point she was shaking violently, anxiety attack great.

after a while trying to control myself , the only thing left was too figure out how to stay alive but I could only think about my parents..and how life would of been if they both weren't gone.