Nowhere Man

This gonna be a pretty long chapter so you might wanna sit down and get comfy

——————————

Warm dawn sunlight shone brightly through John's bedroom window and landed on his newly awakened face. He rolled over so the sun wasn't in his eyes and attempted to go back to sleep, wondering why the bloody hell he had left his curtains open.

After a while of not being able to go back to sleep, John sighed and sat up. He drowsily rubbed his eyes, trying to get used to the bright sunlight that lit his small bedroom. He looked to his left at the clock on his nightstand, which read 10:17.

He snapped out of his sleepy daze and suddenly remembered what day it was. Tuesday. The day he got to meet that Garrison boy. Or maybe it was Gregory... John couldn't really remember. Or (more likely) he just didn't care.

Because what he really cared about was the fact that he finally got to see Paul again. He had thought about the lovely lad almost non-stop for the past few days. However, he had noticed that his thoughts had gotten progressively more... interesting. At first, he was simply admiring the boy, but eventually he began daydreaming about him and Paul. John did that quite a lot and enjoyed it far more than he would've liked. But as much as he liked it, it also came with a cost of conflicted feelings. He couldn't help but feel that something about John imaging him and Paul together was just wrong.

But then, if it was so wrong, why did they feel so right together?

John shook his head and decided to get ready to go to Paul's. It was 10:20 now, and he really didn't need to leave until 10:40, which left him with 20 minutes to get ready and maybe work on a song or two. He wanted to finish at least one song so he could show it to Paul and maybe show off a bit in front of George.

No... the name George doesn't sound right... John thought to himself. He silently decided that that kid's name was definitely Gary.

After he had gotten dressed in just a plain white t-shirt and jeans and had combed his hair, he sat down at his desk and opened his song notebook. He flipped to the page that contained his newest song and read through the lyrics.

Is there anybody going to listen to my story
All about the girl who came to stay?
She's the kind of girl
You want so much, it makes you sorry
Still you don't regret a single day
Ah, girl, girl

When I think of all the times
I tried so hard to leave her
She will turn to me and start to cry
And she promises the earth to me
And I believe her
After all this time I don't know why
Ah, girl, girl

Even though it wasn't finished yet, John thought that this was one of his best songs and he was sure that it would impress Paul. Especially because he had subconsciously written the song about him. He hadn't meant to, but apparently he had Paul on his mind when he wrote it. However, he didn't want it to be too obvious that it was about Paul, so he decided to throw in a couple other lyrics to confuse him.

She's the kind of girl who puts you down
When friends are there
You feel a fool
When you say she's looking good
She acts as if it's understood
She's cool, ooh, ooh, ooh
Girl, girl, girl

Was she told when she was young
That pain would lead to pleasure?
Did she understand it when they said
That a man must break his back
To earn his day of leisure?
Will she still believe it when he's dead?
Ah, girl, girl, girl