2: Radiant Smile

---------------------Chapter Start---------------------------------------------

Your Perspective

"So, if may ask, Yae, who exactly is this friend who is visiting you?" I said, rubbing Yae's head as she sat next to me. Yae cooed softly at this before, answering the question I posited earlier. 

"Just a close friend of mine, we've known each other for years! She's also the reason I prepared so many sweets, since she has a quite a large, sweet tooth. Just like a certain someone." She says, chopping me in the back of the neck as I went to try and have just one of the items Yae brought. Nursing the spot, I was struck, I looked back at her with her just giving me an innocent smile in return. I sighed and crossed my arms, pouting as I sat back.

"You may have some once she is here." Yae says, whilst rubbing me on the back, before she softly kissed me on the cheek. Yae's ears perked up as someone entered the room. A tall, purple haired lady enters with a stern look on her face, and Yae runs up and gives her a hug, before she signaled for me to follow. 

"Ei! I'm glad you could make it!" She says, before moving to my side once more. I waved at her, noting that she looks vaguely like the Statues of the Raiden Shogun. Yae then introduces me to her as Ei the Raiden Shogun.

Oh. 

"Oh, um hi your eminence, it's an honor to be in your presence!" I said bowing vigorously.

" . . . Is he always like this?" Ei questions, as Yae whispered that I didn't need to be so formal, leading me to apologize sheepishly. Ei chuckles at this, telling me there was no need for me to apologize. 

"With that out of the way, this here is my darling husband (Y/N)." Yae says without skipping a beat. I could feel my eyes widen in surprise at her declaration, and my face and body heat up too.  Yae's 

"Y-Y-Yae, we didn't e-even reach there yet!"

"So, what you're saying is that it's an inevitability then?" She half teases, half postulates. I felt my face heat up even more at this. 

"YAE!"

"I'm sorry I'm sorry. ~laughs~ Ei, this is my partner (Y/N)." Yae says beaming a smile at Ei. Raiden Sho- er, Ei shakes my hand, before immediately turning to me and nodding in approval. Ei then notes that Yae has been smiling and giggling a lot around me, which she greatly appreciates. Next, she asks that I keep her friend smiling as it makes her happy to see Yae this happy.

"Now, if you were to ever cause that radiant smile of hers to fade away because of something you did or something you hurt her from, I will not hesitate to execute you myself. Understood?"

"Y-Yes, maam!" I say bowing again on impulse.

"Ei, surely you needn't be so harsh on him no?"

"I'm just taking necessary precautions." Ei says shrugging. 

---------------------Chapter End---------------------------------------------