5: Proposal

---------------------Chapter Start---------------------------------------------

Your Perspective

It's been a few years now since we've started dating, and a lot has changed since then. Because of Inazuma opening up again, it allowed Yae and I to travel around Teyvat for a few months, indulging in the delicacies of the world. At first, she was rather worried about leaving the duties of ceremonies to Ayato, but I reassured her that her duties would be in good hands. Our last stop for our travels before we head back is Liyue, which also would be the most convenient too. Yae and I were currently lounging around the inn for a bit, just appreciating the others company. Although I couldn't help but feel my heartbeat rise as certain thoughts about a plan circulated through my head. Yae took notice of this, lifting her head off my chest to ask if I was well.

"Y-Yeah, I think I just need some fresh air that's all." I feigned, seeing an opportunity to recollect myself. She nods, getting up and telling me that perhaps it would be wise for us to go on a little walk then. Seems like her intuition had intentions on foiling me today it seems. So, we leave our room, but not before grabbing my book bag, as it has something important in it. After all, a nighttime walk might be just what i needed for this.

"So, might I ask what is plaguing my dear lover? It's quite unlike you to "seek fresh air" after all." Yae inquires, bringing us to a rather secluded spot, away from any prying eyes. I tried to play it off once more, but her perception beat me once again. 

"I suppose there's no beating around the bush, huh?"

"Not around me, no." 

"Well, I was just thinking about some stuff, that's all. How I'm blessed to have you as a lover, how happy you make me and how happy I wish to make you." I start. Yae says nothing, so I continue. 

"I suppose, what I'm trying to say is . . . Thank you for coming into my life. The one question I have left to ask is . . . If you could consider making me the happiest man alive." 

"(Y/N) . . . Do you mean?" 

Getting onto one knee, I opened up a small box I picked up, engraved with a blue and lilac gemstone. 

"Would be willing to be my bride, Yae?" 

She puts her hand to her mouth, holding back tears at this. After wiping them away, she made a joke asking if this was the reason, I had asked her to travel the world with her. Chuckling, I explained that I came to realize it sometime in Sumeru. With the joking out of the way, I held my breath in anticipation for her response. 

"I would love nothing more than to be your wife, (Y/N)." 

Sliding on the ring on finger, I put a matching one on too. Yae surprised me by pulling me in for a passionate kiss. When we separate, we rest our heads against one another, holding each other in our embrace.

"So, my darling fiancé, shall we return to our room?" 

"I wouldn't mind it."

---------------------Chapter End---------------------------------------------