Chapter 26

After lunch, Jaycee ran home while Landen, Sapphire and Braelyn waited at the park. When Jaycee got back, they were gonna go to the pool in town. She told them her mom needed her to do something at home when she really had something personal to do.

            When she got back, Dylan was hiding in the back of her truck, but she didn't know it. He was hoping he could convince her to break up with Braelyn and take him back. Jaycee was on the ground, searching for the spare house key when Dylan poked his head up.

"You okay, Jaycee?" she poked her head up.

"Yeah. I'm trying to find the spare house key."

"You mean this?" he held up a small bronze key, labeled 'spare house key'.

"Really, Dylan?" she stood up and dusted herself off.

"I wanna talk to you," she snatched the key from him and opened the door.

"Why?"

"Because it's important."

            Jaycee hesitated a moment before opening the door. Dylan's wanted to talk to her more than he had when they were together. He's sometimes hesitant about talking to her when he's trying to get her back. He usually questions if she would take him back or not, or if it's the right time to talk to her about it.

"On a scale of one to ten, ten being the most important."

"Somewhere between right and ten," she took a deep breath.

"You can talk to me through my bedroom door. I need to get changed," she opened the door.

"Why would I need to talk to you through the door if you need to get changed? I mean, it's not like I haven't seen you naked before."

"Do you wanna talk to me or not?" she snapped.

"Yes," he mumbled.

"Then you're waiting outside my bedroom," she walked into the house, but Dylan stayed planted to where he was standing. "You coming or not?"

"Yeah," he muttered and walked into the house, shutting the door behind him.

            Dylan looked around the house for Jaycee, but she was nowhere to be found. He climbed the stairs to her bedroom to find her door shut and music blasting from the inside. He stood outside her bedroom, picturing everything that was going on behind the door. He imagined her dancing around her room in her favorite black and pink lace bra and thong, or her dark red bra and matching lace panties. Maybe she was jumping around on her bed, flipping her hair around, or knotting her fingers in her hair and pulling while screaming along to the music. Either way, he so desperately wanted to know what was going on behind that closed door.

"Hello haters and hello friends it's me, Jeremy, I'm back again all my haters, all my friends. I'm the ookie-pookie monster and I'm back for my revenge hello haters and hello friend it's me, Jeremy, I'm back again all my haters, all my friends I'm the lucky number thirteen and bad luck until the end," she screamed from the other side of her door.

"I miss that so much," he said to himself.

            He stood outside her room for a few more moments then took a deep breath before entering her room. He opened her door to find her in her purple boyshorts with her guitar strapped to her. He could clearly see the tribal henna tattoo on her lower back that she got around her seventeenth birthday. He stared at her back, where her tan lines that she got when she was seven were, itching for those times when he would kiss the back of her shoulders whenever he was standing behind her. When the song ended, she put her guitar down then turned to face Dylan without realizing he was there.