2. studying, touching

"Jungkook-ah! Make sure you wear sunscreen!" His mom chides from the kitchen as he's pulling on his sneakers by the front door.

"Already am!"

"Call if you plan on staying out late!"

"Got it!" He answers back before opening the door, his hands holding both his small beige satchel and a water bottle. "See ya!"

He drives to the Park residence with his new, stolen sound system. All week he'd been anxious driving anywhere, the speakers a noticeable upgrade compared to his last ones that are now chilling in his garage. Luckily, no one seemed to notice anything out of the norm — unless he counts his neighbor across the way who complimented them.

The sibling duo is packing Jimin's trunk when he pulls up, a girl he hasn't met and the guy from the diner leaning along Jimin's car.

"Jungkookie!" Suji greets enthusiastically as always and he smiles, hugging her tiny waist as she leans up to kiss his cheek. "Come, I want you to meet my friend Miko."

He nods, turning to see the girl already once-overing him. She half-smiles, seeming impressed as she looks at Jungkook and then her friend.

"Hm... handsome," she compliments and Suji flushes, adjusting the cute white bow headband she wears.

It accessorizes the pretty blue and green floral two-piece she's in, a dainty silver bracelet on her wrist, and strappy white flats for her shoes.

"This is Miko, Miko this is Jungkook."

Miko is Asian as well —maybe Japanese, her hair short, black, and banged. Her eyes are large and her smile a little big like Jungkook's own. She wears this patriotic-colored, striped one-piece with a white pleated skirt, her feet in fresh white sneakers.

Jungkook bows slightly and she returns it, waving. "Nice to meet you," Jungkook says politely and he hears Jimin scoff from where he's leaning over his trunk.

Jungkook stares, taking in his dark Levi's that he has cuffed up at the bottom, classic black and white chucks, and white tank top. He has a salt and pepper print flannel wrapped around his waist, his ears, neck, wrist, and fingers accessorized like no tomorrow.

"You won't be saying that for long."

The guy, Jungkook remembers his name, Taehyung or something, laughs, his eyes finding Jungkook's gaze and nodding.

Jungkook returns it, his eyes scanning the man and his golden-brown hair that falls effortlessly before his sharp eyes. He wears blue jeans, a white distressed T, a red flannel with yellow linings and stars here and there, and mustard-colored chucks.

Jungkook looks down at his own boring white crew neck, pink collared long sleeve, and white chubbies a little self consciously before looking back at Miko who's smirking.

"So you're the guy my little Suji's been head over heels about?"

"Oh my god, you're worse than Jiminie!" Suji whines, Jimin finally closing the trunk and turning around.

"We ready or what?"

Jungkook takes in his pushed-back hair and the dark sunglasses he wears. It makes it hard to see his eyes yet for some odd reason, Jungkook feels as if Jimin is staring right back at him.

He looks away then, his gaze finding Suji once more and his ears scorching.

"Yes! Let's go!"

Jungkook had called his cousin, Hoseok, last night, the beach a good two hour and thirty-minute drive away. It was only noon so they'd arrive around three p.m. or so which is great because he told his cousin to come around that time.