xiv. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡?

"Scoops Troop, do you copy? Billy has found us

"Scoops Troop, do you copy? Billy has found us."

Mikes yells for help echoed through the mall. After the group had attempted to get secure in the car, it was revealed that Billy Hargrove had found them, causing everyone to quarantine in the mall once more.

"I think I can take him." Rocky said honestly. "I just need a distraction."

"The flayed? You absolutely can not." Max shook her head.

The upside down car was Jonathan's idea to try. They needed the ignition cable but there was no way of getting it with the car leaned over the way it had. After they all positioned themselves behind it, ready to shove, the car didn't seem to make any movement.

"Let me try." El spoke up as her and Will stood infront of the car and panting teens. She walked forward, hand out reaching as they all moved. The metal sounded like it was being bent, possibly buffing out. El panted, giving a yell but failing.

"Back to plan A." Rocky announced. "With just a little leverage, I really think I can knock Billy out long enough to get us out of here."

"Rocky, you're a genius." Mike gapped in his direction, his words clearly striking something inside him.

"I am?" the Byers boy gapped.

"He is?" Max lokekd in disbelief

"I know what to do!" Mike announced loudly.

It wasn't long until some of the group was pushing, the others yanking down on a metal pole that they managed to lodge beneath the car. Between both the pressure, the loud echo of the car falling over went through the mall. Mike took a deep breath. "Told you. Physics."

"Uh, there should be a latch. Check under the wheel." Jonathan nodded as Nancy hurried toward the front door. "You see it?"

"I don't know. Hold on." she struggled to lean over.

"You see it?" Jonathan asked again.

"Watch out." Rocky encouraged Nancy as she backed up, Rockys hand reaching under.

"You know what you're doing?" the Wheeler girl gave a worried look.

"Are you kidding? Of course I do." he gave a harsh yank, the hood popping open. Rocky flashed Nancy a smirk. "Told you."

"I don't know." the older Byers looked around. "It should be right here. Rocky?"

"Hang on." he circled the car.

"Nancy!" Mikes yells cut them short, looking over quickly.

"Oh hell no." Rocky panicked, making sure Max, El, and Mike hurried off as he pulled Will and Lucas behind the car with him. The Mind Flayer fell through the roof of the mall and let out a loud screech. Rocky looked in worry as he tried to his best to get sight of the other three, the massive creature making his heart rate speed. Dustin's voice began to ring from the walkie.