Chapter 17 - by your side

Long chapter ahead!

I woke up to techno talking to a nurse. She was probably there to check up on him.

I closed my eyes slowly, hoping to fall asleep again but failed.

After the nurse left Techno turned around to face me. "Sorry if I woke you up" he said with a slight smile. "Oh it's alright" I replied with a smile on my face too.

I soon realized he didn't have his blanket on, and it was nowhere to be found. That's when i noticed i felt warmer than before.

I touched my back gently just to feel what used to be his blanket laid on my back. Instead of his blanket he had another one but it was thinner.

"How did you get this on me? It must have hurt, plus you didn't had to" I pointed it out. "I asked that nurse to do it for me since every move hurts, and it's not a problem she found a spare one so i thought i should give you the thicker one for i am already pretty warm in here"

I just thanked him with a quick smile before laying my head on the bed, where i used to hold his hand. Instead of holding my hand this time, he started to gently pet my hair. It indeed was soothing

Later on-with Techno's approval-I went to a store and brought a few snacks he was also allowed to eat. Since i was in the same dress from that day at the bar i decided on getting some new clothes too

It took me like two hours but then decided to return.

I got back in the hospital and entered the room he was in.

Luckily enough it was just the two of us in that room so i decided i would just change in there.

"Bitch close your eyes imma change" I said to techno, gaining his attention.

"And what if i don't?" He asked chuckling softly. "Up to you" i said just a second before starting to undress. He watched with interest untill i was just in underwear. I quickly put my clothes on and went to sit on the chair that was seated next to techno's bed.

"You chickened out?" I asked, amused by his acts. "Maybe?.. look i never seen a naked woman face to face before " He admitted. "Ouch dude what kind of life do you live?" I asked trying to hold my chuckles in. "A lonely one" said the man in front of me. "a very lonely one" he added.

"Also, i always had this question bothering me and i can't help but ask now that we are face to face.." He took in a deep breath right before continuing "Did that kiss from that game of truth or dare actually meant something for you?"

I took a moment to think about it. I already knew the answer, i just didn't know if i should be honest or not. The fear that he could just laugh in my face if i say yes was trying to get a hold of me, yet maybe this was meant to be. Maybe it was meant that he asked me this now

"Would you laugh if i say yes?" I asked. I could tell i was slightly blushing.

"Oh.." he sighed. "I started thinking that it didn't mean anything to you and you just see me as a friend" He added.

"Wait- ... I am sorry but are we dating?" I asked confused. "Oh uh.. no?" He said.

That 'no' hurt. It hurt like getting stabbed with a knife in the back, even if I still couldn't tell if i liked him or not

"Oh alright" I said and sighed. It hurt for some reason. "I wish we would be dating" i mumbled, hoping both that he would hear and that he wouldn't hear.

"What?" He asked. Somewhat happy he didn't understand so i looked away after saying a quick 'nothing'.

"Oh alright" he said.