BoB: Preliminaries

Thanks to Pito's reckless driving, the three of us had made it to the office in time, and each stand at a terminal to register. The thing was asking for my real world info! Like what?! And for what, "top prizes"? I didn't come for prizes, I came to hunt down a murderer! Needless to say, I just submitted a blank form, and it surprisingly accepted my registration.

"Everything good over here?" Asuna asked me.

"Uh, yup!" I nod.

"Great to hear! Anyway, seems you guys are in the same block." Pito says.

"What about you, Pito?" Asuna asked.

"I got put in the block after yours. Lucky me." She smiles.

"I see. Okay. We should head to pub now. The prelims are going to start soon." Asuna says and leads the way.

We enter the pub together, and walk past all the staring guys. Some were even trying to intimidate the others by showing off their weapons. Cocking their guns. Some even shooting. But we made it to the changing rooms soon enough.

"Hah! Did you guys see those idiots?" Pito laughed.

"You mean the guys outside?" I asked.

"Yup, them. Showing off their main weapons before the matches even start. Talk about stupid. It's like they're asking to get counter picked." She continues to laugh.

"Oh. Yeah, that is dumb." I agree.

"Word of advice. Don't equip your Main weapon or sub weapons until you enter the waiting void between matches." Asuna says, as she unequips her current clothes. I assume she was going to change into her battle suit. Even still, I respectfully turn away as Pito wasn't doing the same. Guess she was already wearing her battle suit. But she did notice me not changing.

"You gonna change?" She asked me.

"Uh, well, yeah, but I can wait." I say.

Look, just because I model in women's lingerie doesn't mean I can peek at other girls in their undergarments! And I'm not a girl either!

"Why do you say that?" Asuna asked.

"Well...uh...okay... This is a bit hard to explain after doing this for so long... Look, I'm not actually a girl." I say and show them my character bio. "There."

"Huh?" They both look at my bio, and both go wide eyed. "Male?!"

I bow for forgiveness, but Pito was only laughing her ass off as Asuna was covering herself.

"You little...pervert!!" Asuna slaps me across the face quite hard, and now I'm waking around with a red slap mark on my cheek as Pito laughs harder than ever for 5 minutes straight. How she didn't get disconnected, I have no idea. Anyway, that little stunt kind of got Asuna mad at me.

As for my combat suit, I wore black pants with black shin guards and knee pads, a black long sleeved undershirt with neon green highlights, and a black crop top like jacket, also with green highlights. Green isn't exactly my color, I would've preferred white or pink, but this works. Camo, I guess?

"Stop following me." Asuna repeats her demands. After some reasoning from Pito, she calms down enough to want to have a conversation with me again. She briefly went over the rules of the preliminary round being a 6 round elimination tournament. Also, once you're in the final match, it doesn't really matter who wins from there. Both players in the finals are eligible for the BoB at that point. And with that in mind, maybe I'll let Asuna shoot me to make it up to her. Once she explained it, a friend of hers came over. A dude with long grey hair. "Hey Asuna." He greeted her.