An Epilogue

This is it, motherfuckers. Strap in because I'm cramming as much fluff as I can in here.-

October 12,

Hello again. Luz is making me write in here... again. She says it's supposed to help with my brain and stuff, but I've already written down everything that's happened recently.

The attack on Belos.

Me fainting for no reason (Eda said it was blood loss and general panic, but it's not like I would remember).

Moving into the Owl House.

Edric asking me out... on the roof... under the stars.

Okay, maybe I glossed over the last one, but it's all new and strange.

Eda is planning another attack. I don't want to go. I don't think Luz wants to either. Her and Amity have been quiet recently. Though, maybe I just don't see them together very often. Every time the Blight comes over, Edric is with her.

Shit, I forgot Luz invited them over again.

Goodbye... thing. Luz said it's a diary, but that sounds weird. I'm talking (writing?) to myself... goodbye- myself?

Hunter closed the notebook Luz had given him just in time for the aforementioned girl to enter the room.

"Huuuuuuunter," Luz groaned, draping herself over the couch the boy was sitting on.

"Yes, Luz?" He responded to her theatrics.

She smirked, dropping the act. "Your boyfriend is almost here." Luz hadn't stopped mocking the two since they started dating, even if she was just as guilty of being cute and flustered around her significant other.

Hunter and Luz had basically become siblings overnight. Pestering each other with dumb questions and unnecessary fighting. As much as he acted annoyed around her, he liked that he had someone to talk to. Hunter had learned glyphs from her in only a few days, and Luz was also willing to rant with him about whatever magical practice he was researching.

Hunter smiled to himself.

The doorbell rung (it was basically Hooty screaming to imitate a doorbell whenever someone showed up) making Luz jump and fall off the couch.

"I gots it!" She yelled to no one in particular. "Amity! Ed! Yes, finally!" She ushered the guests inside.

"Hey, babe!" Edric smiled at Hunter, making him blush. Needless to say, he was not used to this kind of thing.

"Okkkkhavefunyoutwobyeeee" Luz said, rapidly retreating to her room with Amity.

"Hi," Hunter said as Edric sat down next to him.

"Hi! How are you, cutie?" Edric pulled Hunter into a hug, making the other laugh.

"I'm fine. Someone's clearly attention-starved, though."

"What can I say, I'm a romantic." He smiled as Hunter curled closer to his boyfriend. Edric opened his scroll and started playing the song that had brought the two boys together only a few weeks ago.

Music filled the Owl House as Hunter closed his eyes.

He was happy. No matter what the rest of the Boiling Isles said. An ostracized and wanted Golden Guard was taboo to them, but he didn't care.

Not when moments like these existed. Not when he could hear Edric happily talk about his day with music quietly echoing in the background. Not when he could faintly hear Luz and Amity laughing upstairs.

Sleep, pretty darling, don't you cry.

And I will sing a lullaby.

Gahhhhh it's short but I needed a short fluffy epilogue to cleanse my soul

Plus it's like 1:40 am

Whoops.

Anyway. Again, thank everyone who made it this far. I love you all, my dearest readers. I probably won't be writing more fanfics anytime soon unless I get some crazy god-level motivation (which, knowing the intensity of my hyperfixations, is entirely possible)

My gay ass just can't take maintaining a story.

I might do some oneshots though, if you guys are interested (hell, even if you're not I might)

If I do start oneshots, don't expect them to all be goldric because I'm slowly falling back into the Voltron & Sk8 the Infinity fandoms so that's a whoops

Once again, I hoped you all enjoyed Golden Slumbers! I loved it writing it and I love this show & fandom so much

Bye my weirdos <3