Maybe it's our first date

Sam hums a random song to himself while getting dressed, his heart beating faster than ever.

"You know, there's this fair that takes place every year and I was thinking... would you like to go there with me and my other friends?"- Bucky asked him two days ago and Sam has been ecstatic to go ever since then.

He has met Bucky's friends - Steve, his boyfriend Tony and Wanda before. They are great people. They gave him quite the impression of being very protective over Bucky, specially Steve. He was like a mother hen. Sam does not know why but it felt like they trusted him around Bucky, and that gave him a sudden surge of confidence and happiness. It was like earning the approval from guardians of his crush to date him.

Today all of them are going to hang out together in the fair. Sam just hopes that he will be a great company to all of them, specially to Bucky. They have been hanging out together for sometime, watching movies in Bucky's house, or just chatting. But this is the first time Sam is going out with him and he cannot control his nervousness, as well as the glee he feels.

For a such a shy and quiet guy like Bucky, he seems to open up to Sam pretty quickly. And that gives Sam more hope, that maybe Bucky feels something special towards him too.

~~~

Bucky smiles softly looking at himself in the mirror. Wanda wasn't lying, he does look cute today. All of his friends always keep assuring him that he is always beautiful, but sadly he doesn't feel that way all the time. But today, he does want to feel and look pretty. So he put on his favorite outfit, brushed his slightly long locks carefully before putting on his lovely perfume and now he is hoping for the best, wishing that Sam would find him cute too.

Bucky doesn't know where the confidence of asking Sam to go to the fair with him came from, but he is glad that he didn't chicken out in the last moment. In last two years he never really felt like meeting new people, didn't even imagine about dating again. But then Sam came into the picture and literally swept him off his feet. It's only been like three weeks of knowing Sam, and Bucky already cannot stop thinking about the brown eyed man. He is polite, funny, caring, always appears to be very understanding and rational. Bucky just feels safe whenever he is around Sam. After his break-up two years ago, he only felt safe with his mom and his tiny group of friends. Even before his relationship with Brock, they were the only people to make Bucky feel at ease. By dating Rumlow, Bucky was trying his best to open up to people other than his mom and three friends. For a while it went great. But then his whole world started to crumble day by day, and now it feels like the biggest mistake of his life was to ever date Rumlow in the first place.

After struggling for so long to trust others, Bucky only hopes that Sam is someone he can trust fully. He really wants to. Steve, Tony and Wanda assured him that Sam seemed like a good guy upon meeting him, so Bucky decided to just go with the flow and see if the universe would give him another chance at being truly happy.

~~~

Sitting so close to Sam in Tony's car made Bucky's heart hammering in his chest. They are going to the fair now which is a thirty minutes drive. Wanda is on her phone, probably texting the 'hot redhead' she met two weeks ago. Tony's driving while Steve's singing along to the radio, his voice cheerful and relaxed. And finally there are Sam and Bucky, practically glued to each other in the backseat beside Wanda. Sam has been telling Bucky this hilarious story about how his nephews kept pulling pranks on him during last years' Halloween, and Bucky honestly cannot remember when was the last time he laughed to heartily. The blue eyed man doesn't even notice when Tony stops the car in front of the main gate of the fair, too busy grinning at Sam's humor and his happy face.

Not bad for the first time going out together, he thinks, soft blush caressing his face.

_____

How was it?

I'll post the first chapter of a new book with the initial plot I mentioned, hopefully at the end of this week!

Take care y'all ☺️