Chapter 1 (✓)

It's been weeks since I woke up in this strange but familiar place and became the protagonist of a novel I really liked.

I don't have any idea if this is still the same world where I was born or if I got transferred to another world that totally looks the same.

Well, that's none of my concern now.

What matters most is whether I will be able to save myself when that 'day' comes.

I'm not sure why, strangely, but ever since I got up this morning, I found myself feeling a little bit excited.

Perhaps it's because I slept so well the night before.

Or because the weather is so fine, and coincidentally, my plan for a short trip happens to be today.

Man, we've got to enjoy life while it's still this normal.

Because I know I won't ever get to experience this luxury of traveling in a peaceful place once the scenario starts.

---

It's currently 3:41 p.m., and I'm now on a train, almost at my destination.

I'm a little pressed for time because I had to calm myself first before going out.

I really can't wait to get out of this train and finally do what I planned for today's trip.

Wait, the train, huh?

Of all the transportation options out there, why did I have to ride a train?

Don't tell me, is today already the day?

I've been waiting.

I can't stop my lips from moving upward to form a not-so-excited-but-still-excited smile.

I know I shouldn't be feeling this way, but I can't help it.

But I have to say, I'm as nervous as I was excited.

So, was this the real reason why I felt so excited for today earlier?

Heh, so what is even the point of calming myself down earlier before going out if I'm just as excited once I have thought about it?

From thinking too much, I almost missed my stop.

I immediately got up from my seat.

But due to the rush, I bumped into something, or rather, someone.

I didn't notice that there was someone in front of me.

I have not yet got to apologize, but I've been pushed outside, and the train has already left.

Maybe today's still not the day.

Even though I'm kind of disappointed, I didn't forget what I came here for today.

Gotta enjoy everything until the day comes.

"Focus".

I whispered quietly to myself as I slapped both of my cheeks at the same time, took a step forward, and went on my way.

---

It's a little past 6 when I finish doing everything I had planned.

I got onto the train again, and, finally, I'm now on my way back home.

---

I snoozed off and woke up due to noises all over the train.

'Uh?'

Why are they all panicking?

And then, I coincidentally saw the time on the phone of someone next to me.

It says, "7:00 p.m."

Another coincidence? No, I won't get tricked by this.

But what's the ruckus?

They've been so noisy ever since I woke up, and there's that one fluffy creature upfront, floating?

Huh? Am I not seeing things?
I'm pretty sure that's a 'dokkaebi'!

Is it finally starting now?

As in now?

Really?