Chapter 3

Oh, I'm sorry, it's my fault. It's not the kid he was eyeing. I see, so that was his plan. He also noticed the net containing insects that the kid was holding. He's pretty smart and observant. How come there's no, not even once, a mention of him in the novel? Well, maybe he also died. Now, I feel bad for him. I kind of want him to be one of my companion though. It's too bad.

Woah- What is this, the insects? Who threw this my way? It almost hit my face. But thanks to my reflexes, I managed to dodge it, and just my luck, I also caught one. This is the key to end this scenario with more survivors. But this really can't save everyone.

But, did he purposely throw it right at me? I kind of saw who throw it, and I'm pretty sure it was him. Nope, I shouldn't give much thought to it. I'm just quite close next to the child and the lady who's with him. Besides, with this, I would be able to survive this scenario without causing a scene. This really helps me out a lot.

After I'm done from thinking too much, I glanced at the direction where I saw him earlier. And there, I saw him fighting with someone. Should I help him out? He'll be k!lled at this rate if I won't do anything!

It's too bad for both of us if he dies. Especially for me. I really wanted him to be my companion. He will be first one I'd made, not the one I'm destined to have. Just like the original protagonist companions from the novel. I would love to have at least one companion I made on my own. Base by my own decisions.

-Or maybe not. Hey, did he just win against that mad guy? I really did underestimate him. I regret thinking all that. I should've at least trued to trust in him if I really see him as my future companion. And I didn't see this coming at all. I really didn't expect a lot to survive in this cabin; it's all thanks to that guy. Without him, I don't even know if I can pull off what he just did. Sigh, here's another new reason why I should really ask him to be my companion. I hope he won't turn me down.

There are currently only 5 survivors who survived in this cabin. It's me, that guy, the kid with the insects; the lady who's with the guy; the other middle-aged man, and the soldier-guy named 'Lee Hyunsung', the one who'll be with me, the protagonist's companion from the novel.

I took a step closer in his direction. I wanted to try, and somehow, exchange a few sentences with him. But then I heard the lady called for him first so I decided to just wait for them. But wait, Kim Dokja? Did I heard her right? He called him, Kim Dokja, right? Why does that name sounds so familiar?

Epilogue:
That guy's POV

"..m Dokja?"

That guy, did he just say my name? Did I hear that right? Am I not hearing things? That guy, that's the protagonist of the novel I have been reading since then and 'til this all happened! But it's weird, no matter how many times I think about it, why did he just stay there, without doing anything?