Chapter 4

Hello! I have nothing new to say lol. I have a lot of ideas for this story so I hope you enjoy!

~~~

Mal's POV

"'How to get out of the friend zone.'" Carlos said aloud as he looked up advice on his computer.

"Six months ago, no one thought the wrong side of the bridge would last. Mal must be counting the days until the Royal Cotillion, when she and Ben will finally confirm their relationship and she will officially become a Lady of the Court." The TV reporter narrated.

I could feel my eyes start to turn green and I squeezed my eyes shut. Carlos noticed it too, "Woah. Easy, girl."

"What? You think this is so easy?! You don't have people taking a photo of you every single time you open your mouth to say 'boo'! I mean, it's not that I could even say, 'boo,' but, you know what I-"

"I'm sorry." Carlos said to me, cutting me off.

I just shrugged it off, "Carlos, don't you ever miss screaming at people and just making them run away from you?"

"You're thinking of my mother, and I was usually on the other end of that. So, not really. No. Oh, hey! Did you bring it?" He asked me and I was about to respond before Chad came barging in.

"Hi, Just came to use your 3D printer. Won't be a sec." He said as he quickly strode in.

"How'd you get a key to my room?" Carlos asked as we both looked at each other, confused.

"Oh, I printed it off last time I was in here. Uh... you guys were sleeping. Look, I just- Your printer's so much better than mine, and you install these hacks and everything runs so much smoother than mine and-" Chad starts to rant, trying to explain himself.

"Out! Now." Carlos said to him, pointing towards the door.

"Fine. Fine." He replied, turning to leave.

"Chad!" Carlos exclaimed, causing Chad to turn back around to face us.

"What? Hmm?" He asked us, annoyed.

"Leave the key." He said and Chad whipped the key out for the two of us to see and very dramatically placed it on top of a binder that was on the table before leaving the room.

I started to space out a bit and Carlos waved his hand in front of my face, "Mal?" I snapped out of my daze and turned my attention to him, "My potion?"

"Hmm? Yeah. Umm..." I trailed off, taking out the gummy from the small container I had in my hand. I held it up for him to see.

"So, this thing will make me say what I really feel to Jane?" He asked me.

"Yeah. I mean, this is a truth gummy, so take it or leave it.

"Perfect." He said, nodding.

"Hold on, though. Are you sure that you want to be taking this? Because this is gonna make you say the truth all the time, no matter what, and the only reason that I'm asking is because I know that if I took this right now, I would get myself sent back to the Isle. Which, it's not that that sounds super unappealing, but, you know..." I asked him, pulling my arm back slightly when he went to reach for it.

"Yeah. I'll take my chances, I guess." He said and I let my arm fall to my side.

"Okay." At that moment, Dude jumped off the bed, came over to the two of us, and ate the gummy out of my hand. "Oh no! Bad dog!"

"Man, that thing was nasty!" An unfamiliar voice said and Carlos and I whipped our heads to Dude, "And you- you just got to man up. And while you're at it, scratch my butt."