Chapter One

Aaliyah's alarm went off and she flipped the covers off her body and brushed her hair out of her face. She looked at the clock and saw she had about an hour and a half to get dressed and get to work. She got out of bed and walked to her bathroom to start her shower. Aaliyah got her phone and plugged it to her bathroom speaker as K Michelle's "Love em All" blasted through her speakers she brushed her teeth and washed her face. She got into the shower and stayed in for about thirty minutes then got out and wrapped her fluffy white towel around her body. Aaliyah entered her closet to decide what to wear for the day.

"It is Monday so maybe I should dress in a suit," said Aaliyah.

Aaliyah pulled out her black silk Zara crop top, white wide leg trousers, and white blazer coat. She checked the clock and saw she had an hour before she had to leave out for work. She ran to her bathroom and plugged in her flat irons. While she waited for them to warm up she applied her makeup. Once the flat irons were warm Aaliyah straightened her hair and parted it down the middle. She went back to her closet and put on her clothes and her diamond cuff bracelet. She looked in her jewelry box and found her mint green Kate Spade earrings. She then grabbed her small quilted Chanel purse and mint green Christian Louboutins.

She went down stairs to her kitchen and gathered her folders for work, a apple, and her keys. She set the alarm then locked up her house. She put everything in her passenger seat then pulled out of her garage. As she was getting on the expressway Aaliyah got a call from her best fried Roxy.

"Hello" said Aaliyah.

"Hey Girl, can you bring coffee to work it's going to be a long day" said Roxy.

"Yeah sure and why is it going to be a long day?" said Aaliyah.

"Girl Because I am hungover. You should have came out with Micha and I it was so much fun." said Roxy.

"I had so much work but i hate I missed it. Maybe we can go out on Friday night to that new club Night" said Aaliyah.

"Sounds good to me but I will see you when you get here" said Roxy

"Okay see ya in a bit bye" said Aaliyah.

Aaliyah, Roxy and Micha had been friends since college. They met while studying at Howard University. Aaliyah and Micha were roommates and Roxy lived across the hall from them. They did everything together took spring break trips, pledged Alpha Kappa Alpha, bought an apartment their junior year, and eventually ended moving to Atlanta together. Aaliyah was an english and mass communications major, Roxy was a fashion merchandising major, and Micha was pre-med. After college Aaliyah and Roxy were offered positions at Cut magazine. Micha was accepted to Emory University and then attended. 

Aaliyah pulled up to the Starbucks and parked her car. She went into Starbucks and texted Roxy and Aaliyah. She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around to be met with a handsome man.

"Can you please place your order. You are holding up the line." said the man.

"Oh I am very sorry" said Aaliyah.

"Don't be sorry just pay attention" he said.

"You don't need to be rude I said sorry. Asshole." she said.

"Whatever" he said.

Aaliyah ordered the drinks and moved to the side so she could collect the drink. Once she picked up her drinks she went back to her car and drove to work. She parked in her designated spot then went into the building. She took the elevator up to the 11th floor once the elevator opened she went straight to Roxy's office to deliver her coffee. That talked for a few minutes before Aaliyah went to get ready for her meeting.