Chapter Two

Michael POV

I was extremely happy to finally be in Atlanta. I had been working in New York at Vibe magazine for five years so it was nice to finally be in some nice weather. I did not start my new job until next week so I decided to take this week to show myself around Atlanta. So far Atlanta has been great. I've met a few people in my neighborhood and found some great places to eat. The only flaw I found was the rude woman I met at Starbucks. I have to admit she was beautiful though. If it weren't for her nasty attitude I would have asked her out. Anyway my best friend Joshua "josh" was visiting from New York so I decided we would go out tonight.

Josh and I had been friends since high school. We both were born and raised in New Orleans, LA and got full ride scholarships to UCLA. I got a full ride to play on the basketball team while Josh got one for football. I tore my meniscus and never came back from the injury so I focused all my attention on academics. Josh on the other had become a rising football star and eventually was drafted to the New York Giants. After I finished school I moved to New York to take a job at XXL magazine. This is the first time in life Josh and I are living in different cities. I called Josh to see if the driver had picked him up from the airport.

"What's up nigga?" Josh answered
"Nothing wondering if you found the driver?"
"Yeah I did. He said I'm about five minutes away" he said.
"Alright I will be looking out for you" I said.
"Aight" he said

Once I got off the phone with Josh I made sure my maid Mary had set up the guest room for him. I heard my doorbell ring and ran down to answer. Once I saw Josh we shook up and I helped him with his bags.

"Damn you staying for a weekend or a month?" I said
"I need options" he said
"You sound like a bitch."
"Fuck you" he said.

We both laughed and entered the kitchen. I gave Josh a bottle of water and decided to show him around. I started with the backyard, living room, dinning room, and theater.

"They must be paying you well at this new job" Josh said.
"I do okay."
"You do more than okay nigga. You got a basketball court, tennis court, pool, and theater. You don't even fucking play tennis" He said.
We both laughed.
"I really only bought it for the court and
theater" I said
"I'm gone love it here. You know New York ain't got shit like this unless you moving to the suburbs" he said.
"I'm already knowing, but make yourself comfortable we gone go to this new spot tonight called Night"
"Okay get dressed and let's go hoop" he said
"Aight" I said.

Aaliyah (Li) POV

The girls and I are meeting for lunch today because it's a half day at work. I pulled up at the restaurant and gave the valet my keys. As soon as I walked in I heard Roxy's loud ass laugh. I pointed to where my friends were and the hostess lead the way.

"Hey girlie!" they said.
"Hi my loves."
"You look super cute. When did you get those shoes?" Micha said.
"Thanks hon. I got them last week I spotted them and had to have them" I said.

I was wearing grey biker jeans, a grey sleeveless sweater with a yellow collar, and Givenchy black heel boots. I paired it with a yellow clutch, and Marc Jacobs black flower earring, gold bracelet, and black watch.

"Yall look super cute too!" I said.
"Thanks!" They replied.

Micha had on an over sized grey sweater with a white cami underneath, white skinny jeans, and yellow Christian Louboutins. Roxy had on a simple back maxi dress and Tory Burch pink sandals.

"Okay yall where are we getting dressed at for the club tonight?" Roxy asked.
"I say your place Roxy because Micha lives too damn far and my place is a mess" I said.
They both nodded in agreement. The waiter came over and took our orders and we made small conversation.

"So Li are you nervous about the magazine going under new management?" Micha asked.
"No not really I heard the new guy was suppose to be really good. As long as he doesn't get in my way we will be fine" I said.
"I think they should have given you the editor and chief position instead of bringing in some new guy" said Roxy.

"Well apparently this guy worked for Vibe and XXL so he has experience with Urban music magazines and since that is Cuts demographic they gave it to the best person" I said
"Roxy is right though you may not have the background in magazine management like he has but you have an ear for music, fashion, and can write your ass off" Micha said.

"Thanks babies but I'm really not stressing when it's my time God will bless me" I said.
"I know that's right" they both replied.
Our food finally came out and we made small talk and  we agreed to meet at Roxy's place at 8 so we could get to the club by 10.