Chapter Thirty Eight

Aaliyah POV

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and bacon. I walked in my living room and found John making breakfast. I smiled as I watched him maneuver around my kitchen listening to music and dancing.

"Good Morning" I said.

"You were suppose to be sleeping still I was going to bring breakfast to you. It's your birthday I wanted you to have a special day" John said.

"Thank you but I really don't take my birthday that seriously it's just another day to me" I said.

"Well at your dinner tonight you need to celebrate" he said.

"I will. Now what did you make me to eat it smells good" I said.

After we ate breakfast I got dressed in jeans, a t-shirt, and my Yezzy boost. The store was receiving some inventory today so we were going to be closed. I walked in and Michelle and Adam both screamed happy birthday I gave them both hugs and thanked them.

"Where my presents" I asked with my hand on my hip.

"Um for a chick who don't care about her birthday you sure do want them damn gifts" Adam said.

I just laughed and started putting up the merchandise. Halfway through another Fedex man came.

"We weren't suppose to get any other merchandise right?" I asked.

"No this was all" Michelle said.

It was a small package so I signed for it and then opened it. A card fell out and I read that first.

Li,

I know I am the last person you want to hear from but I couldn't miss out on the chance to tell you happy birthday. No matter what goes on between us I still love you. I hope you have an amazing birthday and I know you will look beautiful. I wanted to give you these to enhance your beauty.

Love you always

Michael

I reached down further in the envelope and pulled out a small gift box wrapped beautifully. When I opened it a small jewelry box came out. I opened the box and saw the most beautiful earrings I had ever laid eyes on. They were halo stud diamond earrings about 2 c.t. Adam ran over to me to look at the present.

"OMG! IS THAT HARRY WINSTON JEWELRY" Adam screamed.

"Yes an old friend of mine gave them to me as a present" I said.

"Bitch who is your friends!? Jay Z!? Those earrings are easily over $10,000" Adam said.

I slowly tuned Adam and Michelle out and started at the card. I picked up the card and my cell phone and went to the back. I sat in the chair behind my deck and dialed Michael's number.

"Hello" he said.

"Hi" I said.

"Hi" he said.

"Thank you for the earrings but you know I can't accept them" I said.

"They were a gift you can definitely keep them" He said.

Before I could say anything I heard a baby crying in the background.

"I am sorry I didn't mean to interrupt I just wanted to thank you. I will see you around" I said then hung up.

I went back out to the store and Adam and Michelle were still admiring the earrings.

"Hey yall I have to go get something I will see you at the restaurant tonight" I said.

"Okay I hope your ass look better than you do now" Adam said.

I gave him the finger then walked out of the store. I went to the nail salon and hair salon after I went shopping to get a few last minute things for my outfit tonight. Then my last stop was the car dealership. For my Birthday I promised myself I would buy a new car. I had been doing some research on which car I wanted. The dealer let me test drive multiple cars until I found the one that I loved. After purchasing my car I drove home to get ready for the party. I took a long shower then walked into my closet and grabbed the outfit I had hanging up. It was a simple black dress that stopped mid thigh. I paired it with black sandal heels that had fur across the toe strap. I contoured my face and did a smokey eye with a red lip. I was already late so I grabbed my Swarovski Crystal Chanel clutch and my fur Balenciaga shawl. I was just getting ready to walked out the door when I ran back to my room and grabbed the box of earrings Michael had given me. I put them on checked my appearance in the mirror one more time and then walked out of my apartment.