Chapter Seven

Aaliyah POV

I was just getting out the shower and about to get dressed for church. I decided to put my hair in a messy fishtail braid and apply light makeup. I went to my closet to pick my outfit out for church. I decided on a white Alexander McQueen peplum dress, paired with a Chanel belt, and my YSL ankle strap sandals. Once I was dressed I put on my Chanel chained necklace, pearl bracelet, and diamond earrings. I grabbed my purse and phone and went downstairs to grab something to eat before the girls got here. As soon as I finished my banana Micha called to let me know they were waiting for me outside. I got my keys and locked up my house and met them at the car. We made small talk as we traveled to our church.

We arrived at church and parked in our usual space. Once we were inside the building we greeted my mom who was walking to her usual seat then went to the back to get our choir robes. We all made our way to the front of the sanctuary and sat in the choir loft. They called church to service and made announcements. During offering I saw someone sneak in the back and seat in one of the back rows. Reverend Rudy called the choir up to sing and once we were done he gave his sermon. Once church was over I immediately stripped out of my choir robe because of the heat in the church. Micha volunteered to take my robe back to the choir loft.

As I was bending down to pick up my purse I heard a familiar voice. 

"You are a woman of many talents" said Michael.

I turned around to be faced with Michael. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Are you stalking me or something?" I said.

"Don't flatter yourself this church came highly recommended and I can see why. The sermon was amazing and the choir was anything short of spectacular," he said.

"Well glad you enjoyed my grandfathers sermon and my choir. See you at work on Monday" I gave him a smirk and walked away.

I was standing at the front of the church waiting on Micha and Roxy when I spotted my mother and grandfather. I walked up to them and gave each of them a hug and kiss.

"You did a really good job today papa" I said.

"You weren't too bad yourself Li" he said. Before I could respond a congregation member pulled him away.

"Ma you coming to dinner with me and the girls?"

"No not today I promised your grandpa I would go with him, but save me some of what you get maybe I will stop by later. You know housewives and Blood, Sweet, and Heels come on tonight" she said.

"Yeah I already got it recorded" I said.

"Okay well I will see you later" my mother said. Before I could walk out of the door my grandpa stopped me and had Michael following him.

"Hey baby I have a new member who is interested in joining the choir" my grandpa said. I looked at Michael and smirked.

"Do you have any experience with singing?" I said.

"No, but maybe I could play the triangle and sing a few notes" Michael said. My grandfather laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Choir practice is every Tuesday night at 6pm don't be late" I said.

"Okay" Michael said.

Michael POV

I was running a bit late to church and I almost decided not to go but I am glad I did. I was in the back so I could not really see much but the sermon was amazing. When I stood up and saw Aaliyah in the short white dress she took my breath away. Once I talked to her about choir practice I drove back home because I am having Sunday dinner at Jeremy's house. Tomorrow I plan on inviting Aaliyah to dinner I hope she accepts.

Aaliyah POV

The girls and I went over to this nice soul food place for brunch. As we waited for our food to come out we talked about random things.

"So miss thing I saw you over there talking to Michael" said Roxy

"Ugh please he is trying to sneak his way into the choir" I said.

"Li that man has it bad for you. I think you should ask him out." Micha said.

"Have you lost your mind? I'm not asking him out" I said

"I agree with Micha stop playing around. You know you want him so just put yourself out there a little bit" Roxy said.

When I got home I ran a hot bath and plug my phone up to the speaker and played Keyshia Cole. I thought a lot about what the girls said and I think they are right. I do find Michael very attractive so maybe it would not hurt to be a little nicer to him.