3

"So, tell me more about yourself."

River pondered what all he could say. How much he should say. He had a million thoughts, but he decided on starting off simple, "Well River Everette is my name, I am eighteen. Born December 18th, 2003. I just actually recently moved here so I'm still adjusting to the city life. I'm from some small suburbs in Portland, so you could probably imagine how life was there....oh! I'm also studying fashion and design. And i'm Swedish, du ser väldigt bra ut..." River trailed off realizing he was rambling in the slightest bit. It was a nervous habit he developed. Luckily Thea seemed to be intrigued by every word he said. Never once averting her attention to anything but him.

It made butterflies erupt in his abdomen. River was holding this intense eye contact with her, it made his skin feel scorching hot. There was something so passionate imbedded within her pale grey irises. It didn't help not one bit that her features were so goddess-like. Thick plump french pink lips, a snub nose, full brows, with not a single impurity in sight. Warm caramel toasted skin, as if the sun had birthed her personally. Thea Reyes was indeed a force to be reckoned with. "Sorry, I was rambling." River mumbled meekly, casting his eyes downward.

"Don't apologize, I asked you a question and you answered. So, please, don't be sorry."

"Sorry, I mean—"

Thea smiled at her younger counterpart. It was rather cute how he was stumbling over his words. "What'd I just say?"

River opened his mouth to apologize once again but quickly stopped himself. "—uh, anyways! How about you tell me about yourself." He desperately wanted to bring some attention away from him, because the moment more of his nervous ticks started kicking in would be the moment he felt utterly embarrassed.

"Thea Reyes, twenty three. I uh...do some freelancing..graphic design. My hands are my strong suit." River didn't miss the small smirk that flashed across Thea's face. He couldn't help but feel like there was some underlying meaning to that statement, but he wouldn't press it. It wasn't entirely his business to even ask.

"Ion really speak no special languages aside from english. Unlike yourself, I'm monolingual. Although I once had the desire to learn Spanish. But I quickly lost the motivation to understand it. Plus imagine me, with this thick ass accent of mine walkin' around talkin' 'bout some 'hola', don't even sound right."

River laughed softly at Thea's statement, "I take it you're from here then?"

"Yea, Bronx baby born and raised, but I'll neva' go back." River silently wished he knew what exactly she meant by that. But he could only guess everyone's childhood wasn't all peaches and cream.

"So what made a Oregon baby up and move all the way here?"

River shifted in his criss cross applesauce position. Feeling the urge to stretch his legs. "Well, college for one. I've always had this passion for fashion. And two, well, I'm chasing my dream. I want to design and produce my own line."

"Well River if you putting your mind to it. And giving your hardest effort. I believe you can achieve anything you want."