Unexpecting ( page 5 )

You hear the sound of knocking penetrating through your wooden front door

Groggy, you lifted your head up slowly from the drenched pillow, covered in your drool. Sitting up with barely any strength to make it happen, you place your palm on your forehead—feeling the horrible pain of a headache.

Y/N: Ugh...*Your nose sniffle's*

Hearing the light knock again, you make your way out of your bedroom, sliding your feet over the cold wooden floor.

But wait.

You stop.

Now in deep thought about how you got home. You stare off into the floor boards, struggling to have recollection of what happened last night with Cory after he helped you into his vehicle.

Y/N: "Did he..."

Turning around slowly to face the mirror you had up on your living room wall, you viewed your reflection.

You had on the same garments from last night.

Y/N: *But I don't even remember walking in...* You thought to yourself feeling very obscure about how you got into your home.

Before putting the pieces together, you faintly hear your name being called out to you through your door.

Cory: "Y/N?...You up..?"

You shuffle forward to open the door. Ibuprofen along with two bottles of spring water accompanied him inside of an Kroger bag he held.

Cory: "Here." *He says passing over the bag to you* "I was worried about how'd you feel this morning when it came to all the wine you had last night."  He utters in a soft, concerned tone while looking down at you.

Y/N: "I...I got drunk?"

You say with a blush over your face. Not being able to believe you'd let yourself get that far on a first date.

Y/N: "I'm...I'm so sorry, Cory. I should hav-"

Cory: "You should have just been yourself, as you've done already. No need to provide an apology."

He pairs the end of his sentence with a soft smile. You couldn't believe such a person could have two feet placed on a solid ground called Earth.

Y/N: "So...you were the one who.."

Your words fade away as Cory nods slowly. Confirming the actions of having to carry you from his car, and then into your small apartment since you were physically checked out.

Plunging your body forward, you fall into him. Wrapping your arms around him while burying  your face into his abdomen area of his black jacket. Cory takes a second register what you've done, never expecting to receive such an warm gesture of appreciation from you. He grabs both of your sides with his over-sized hands, rested his chin on the top of your head, while closing his eyes. Allowing this moment to soak into his memory fully.

Cory: "I'd do it again if I had to."

You break away from the embrace, just enough to view his face. Without hesitation or second thought, he leans down to connect his lips with yours. Letting your eyes shut, you melt into his arms. Breaking away from the kiss, he whispers,

"I'd do that again too."