Chapter 3: The Concept Of Hope

Chief: Vanishing trucks, teleporting jewels, are you trying to make some sort of fantasy story, Biggs?

Exclaimed the chief of police as he throws Biggs' handbook back at him after reading the cases he has been working one.

Biggs: Chief, I know all these things sound a little crazy--

Chief: A little?! Biggs, I asked you to look into these messes and you give me something that came from a children's book!

Biggs: Yes sir, but all evidences and testimonies all point into these things.

Chief: You mean like this.... "Pink-haired, chesty girl, dressed like a grim reaper, who is running away from a red-haired, chesty girl, wearing two hats"?

Biggs: Y-Yes sir...

Chief: *sighs* Biggs, I don't have to remind you that you are an officer of the law. You mean to tell me that I should address to the public that there is a... "vicious, shark girl" on the loose at the bay?

Biggs: ...

Chief: Do your job, Biggs! Or you'll be back to Traffic Department!

================================================================================

It is a new day for (Y/N), he had just finished showering, putted on some clothes and had just sat down from his office chair. And in front of him is his computer, with his parents video calling from London, England via Skype.

(Y/N): Mom, dad, good morning.

Mom: Hi, sweetie!

Dad: Hey, champ, how's the grown up life treating you?

(Y/N): Well, it's almost the same as my kid days, so... Always unlucky, hehehe...

Dad: I'm sure you'll be able to walk it off.

(Y/N): Thanks, dad... That's like the millionth time you've told me that.

Mom: Oh, don't be so hard on yourself, (Y/N). I'm sure all of those misfortunes will pay off someday. Maybe today.

(Y/N): Thanks, mom... I've also heard that one a lot too.

Dad: Well, who knows? It could be! Keep that chin up, (Y/N)! It'll pay off.

(Y/N): Yeah... So, how're things in England?

They were talking for a while. Hours even. Talking about the old days when they were still together and giving (Y/N) life advices to get through the day. While in the middle of their conversation, IRyS walks in on his house.

IRyS: Good morning, (Y/N)!

(Y/N): Hey.

He greeted back, but his parents were taking aback after hearing a different voice.

Dad: Was that Ina?

Mom: Oh my, Ina sounded a lot more different than I remember.

(Y/N): Oh, no, it's, um, someone else.

Mom: Oh! Already making new friends, (Y/N)?

Dad: A girl even. Nice~

Mom: Sweetheart, show some respect!

Dad: I'm just saying.

IRyS: Odd... I hear voices, but I can't see where they are.

(Y/N): Right, IRyS, we have this called Sky--AAAAAAHHHH!