Chapter 2: Taking Hope For A Walk

It has been hours since the incident where the sun had finally set. (Y/N) and his newly acquainted -- IRyS -- are sitting at the dinner table. (Y/N) is skeptically staring at IRyS while she simply smiles, letting him take his time to observe her.

(Y/N): ...

IRyS: ...

(Y/N): ...

IRyS: ...

(Y/N): ...

IRyS: ...

(Y/N): ....... Who are you?

IRyS: I am IRyS.

(Y/N): Yeah, you've already told me that.

IRyS: You keep asking me.

(Y/N): *sighs* Yeah, sorry, I'm... still overwhelmed by what happened.

IRyS: It's okay.

She said as (Y/N) stares at her more while she simply smiles in her seat.

(Y/N): [She's not doing anything. She's just sitting there, smiling. She broke out of that crystal and all of a sudden she starts following me around. Seriously, who is she?!]

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hours earlier. The woman, who was being mugged, called the police and had arrived in the alleyway. The biker, who was crying on the ground, quickly dashed to the police officer, begging to be locked into prison. Making the other biker confused, who was watching from the police car.

The police escorted (Y/N) and his newly acquainted, IRyS, to the nearest precinct, so they could make a report of the incident. The two sat on the chairs, in front of the chief of police and gave him and IRyS both pen and paper with a police report template. 

While (Y/N) is filling up the questions, IRyS simply stared into it, unsure of what to do. (Y/N) had just noticed this and so did the chief, making him suspicious of IRyS. After hours of (Y/N) filling up his and IRyS' report, IRyS approaches the two bikers, who are now locked in a cell. She gently holding both of the bikers' hands and assures them.

IRyS: You've done some regretful things in your life. But don't worry. The past cannot be changed, but as long as you two have hope in your hearts, you will accept those regrets and live on with your heads held high. I promise.

With those encouraging words, not only the two bikers, but also everyone in the cell started crying.

Biker 1: THANK YOU! I WILL! I WILL BECOME A BETTER MAN!

Biker 2: ONCE I GET OUT OF HERE, I'M GONNA GET MYSELF A JOB AND TURN MY LIFE AROUND!

Prisoner: YOU TELL 'EM, BUDDY!

While the prisoners are happily crying, full of hope, and IRyS happily watching them, (Y/N) and the chief both are having a conversation.

Chief: That's quite the friend you've got there.

(Y/N): W-We just met.

The chief checks the police report and notice (Y/N)'s name.

Chief: (Y/N) (L/N)?

(Y/N): Yes, sir.

Chief: (Y/N).... (Y/N)... Ah, right, Detective Biggs was expecting you, right?

(Y/N): Oh, right, I almost forgot about that.

Chief: Yes, well, I'm afraid the Detective is not present at the moment. Sorry for making you come down here and... well... have this happen to you.