Chapter 1

2.5 years later

Taehyung liked quiet places, he always did. He never enjoyed the crowd, he never liked how people are in a crowded place. 

But now he was sitting alone in a crowded bar looking at people. Each person in the crowd moves as if unseeing hands drag them this way and that, pulling their eyes to one thing and then another. They respond in predictable ways, each of them with a goal to achieve for the day. He sighed, feeling alienated and unmotivated. 

He looks down at his phone, at the message he sent Eun-ha, refreshing the page to see if she replied. She was never a quick replier. 

He sighed again, wondering what he wanted to do next. A sudden voice interrupted him, "Taehyungie hyung?"

Taehyung looked up to be met by a familiar person. The first thing he noticed was those eyes...those all too familiar sparkling eyes. A soft smile automatically made it's way to his face, "Jungkook?"

The boy occupied the seat in front him, "Wow! hyung! it's been a awile since I saw you!" he removed his backpack and placed it beside him, "Was it at your wedding?"

"yeah" Taehyung replied.

"What are you doing here? this bar is pretty close to my university, I come here often!" Jungkook grinned. 

"oh yeah. You study at xxx university. I remember your mom telling me that" Taehyung recalled, "How is she?"

"She's doing good! she worries about me now and then like always" Jungkook smiled. "How are you? how is Eun-ha noona?"

Taehyung looked down, "I guess you haven't heard the news yet"

Jungkook tilted his head, "What news?"

"It's a bit complicated but...we are divorced. It's been 9 months"

"umm..i'm sorry..uh--"

Taehyung smiled, "it's fine. We didn't work out.." he looked at Jungkook, he certainly looked older, his shoulder's broad and his face has lost it's baby fat and gotten sharper with defined Jawline. "You are not a little kid anymore huh? you're already 20"

Flashback:when they first met

"Hello!" Taehyung kneeled in front of the boy holding his neighbour's hand. He had seen the new neighbour lady a couple of times but didn't know she had a cute son. "what's your name?"

The boy looked stunned, his face and ears were red from the cold and Taehyung thought the kid looked absolutely adorable with his face almost hid in the huge scarf wrapped around his neck. 

"Answer him" the kid's mother smiled at her son.

"Jungkook...Jeon Jungkook" 

"Nice meeting you Jeon Jungkook. I'm Kim Taehyung! I'm your neighbour." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a candy, "here."

"Thank you" Jungkook blushed. 

Taehyung ruffled his hair, "I hope we get along."

Present:

They had a couple more shots and Jungkook noticed how Taehyung was zoning out, "hyung are you alright?"

"Yeah."

"Really?"

"Yes! how about another shot and you tell me about your college life?"

Jungkook smiled and nodded. 

The next morning:

Chills ran through his spine and Taehyung cuddled into the bedsheet, since when was his apartment so cold? He opened his eyes and looked around. It wasn't his room! 

What the hell?

He sat up immediately and noticed he wasn't wearing his shirt. Shit! He had a history of acting up when he ws drunk, who did he sleep with? His head throbbed and memories of last night flashed before his eyes.

JUNGKOOK! NO! NOT HIM! 

As if on cue Jungkook walked into the room, "Hyung did you sleep well? you were wasted last night so I brought you back to my place. Here's your shirt" he handed him a washed and ironed shirt, "I made breakfast" he smiled.

"um..I'm sorry. I'm late to work, I have to go" Taehyung quickly put on his shirt and walked over to the door, when he looked at Jungkook to say goodbye he noticed the frown on his face. "We will keep in touch Jungkook-ah. I'll buy drinks next time okay?"

Jungkook smiled, "Sure hyung"

Taehyung smiled and walked out of the apartment. As soon the door shut, Jungkook collapsed to his knees, he held his face in his hands, it was burning and he couldn't control the blush on his face. He remembered the past, 

"I like you hyung !"

"Please marry me hyung!"

"I want to hold your hand forever hyung!" 

He slapped himself in the face, "it's the past! stop thinking about it! Get yourself together Jungkook!"