Chapter 7: Negative Thoughts

Sunny's POV

Sunny appeared in Whitespace. The familiar sight of MEWO sleeping peacefully on the cold floor calmed Sunny down. Sunny petted the cat, earning a purr. The white wooden door was closed shut. The sketchbook filled with unsettling drawings that Omori drew lay open on the ground. You could see a drawing of a playground covered in blood and meat that Omori drew a few days ago. A tissue box that was nearly empty was placed in the corner of the room. Besides it was a tissue that was scribbled over in pen. A laptop sat on the opposite side of the room from the tissue box. The screen showed a picture of a calendar. It displayed an infinite amount of days. On each day, the schedule was either: 'Today, I played in Whitespace. Everything was okay.' Or, 'Today, I visited my friends. Everything was okay.' Today, it seemed like Omori was visiting his friends. A black light bulb hung from the ceiling, which seemed infinite.

Sunny walked up to the white door. He wrapped his hands around the cold doorknob and turned it. He slowly pulled the door open and stepped through, making sure he closed the door behind him.

The world on the other side was different than usual. A huge yellow cat watched over the pink and yellow room. A purple sky filled with stars and constellations loomed overhead. Random objects and plants were scattered around the room. No one was in it except for Sunny and Omori himself. Omori sat under a tree that had a white trunk with bright purple and pink leaves that decorated its branches. He was tearing the petals off of a flower with a bored expression on his face. Sunny sat next to Omori and watched as he slowly peeled off the petals.

"Why the hell did you do that?" Sunny wanted to know. Omori ripped off the last petal and looked at Sunny. "...For your own good." Omori responded. Sunny grew angry. "So you decided to take over my body without my permission to kill my teacher!?" He fumed. Omori frowned as he tilted his head to the side. "I didn't kill him, did I? Stop changing what you see, you've done it enough already." Omori waved at room around him. "You haven't come to terms with Mari's death yet. You've been miserable. That affects me too, you know. I've been getting headaches. I think I'll have to make more of those black light bulbs soon." Omori explained. "Why? What are those even for?" Sunny questioned. "I already told you. They represent your dark thoughts. If you have too many dark thoughts, then the lightbulb would explode. If that happens, you'll be too miserable to live anymore." Omori pulled another flower out of the ground. "I'll commit suicide?" Sunny looked at the floor. "Exactly." "That doesn't explain why you killed Aizawa!" "You've been hard on yourself. You've had all of these negative thoughts that make you wanna lash out, but you're too kind for that. Taking over your body and doing it for you relieves you of a small amount of that pain for a while. It doesn't matter who takes the brunt of your anger. All that matters is that your okay. If your okay, then I'm okay. That's all that matters." Omori turned away from Sunny. He doesn't seem to want to talk anymore. Omori had never acted like this before. Sunny wondered what triggered such a change. Sunny sighed and stood up. Omori was stubborn, so Sunny already knew that he wouldn't budge. 'No point in trying to talk sense into him...I'll tell Aizawa this after school tomorrow.'

Sunny headed back to the door, entering Whitespace once again. Sunny didn't hear his alarm ringing in the distance, so he sat down and cuddled with MEWO. Sunny burrowed his face into MEWO's soft fur. When Sunny heard the alarm clock, he gently set MEWO down. MEWO got comfortable and went back to sleep, dreaming about fish. Sunny grabbed the knife from out of his pocket and stabbed himself in the stomach, waking up in his bed.

If only he hadn't done that. If he hadn't, then he would be fine.

~~~

Word Count: 700