Happy New Year

And we are back!! These past two months have felt way too long. Thankfully, I had the last half of season four to keep myself entertained lol.

Note: If this is your first time reading my stories, be sure to go back and read A Siren's Call. Otherwise, there will be a lot of confusion. :)

~/~/~/~

New York City

January 1, 18:15 EST

"The Zeta-Tube should be nearby."

Jennifer Lance, also known as the heroine Siren, had her eyes glued to the tracker in her hand. Two of her teammates, Batgirl and Wonder Girl, were close behind her.

"And why, exactly, are we supposed to check it out?" Wonder Girl questioned.

She was one of the newest team members of the past five years, having only joined a few months prior. The demigod heroine was always eager to go on missions so she jumped on the chance to join Siren and Batgirl when the former approached them.

"This Zeta-Tube has been out of commission for a long time," Batgirl, a close teammate and good friend of Siren, explained. "We received logs that it recently started up again this past week though, so we're checking it out to make sure nothing suspicious is going on."

Tucked behind an abandoned building was a tiny shed, likely used to contain gardening items for the backyard. As the three heroines slipped through the fence to take a look at the hidden Zeta-Tube, it didn't take them long to find some answers.

"That's odd."

Siren turned to Batgirl. "What is?"

"I'm checking this Tube's logs directly and...there's nothing."

Wonder Girl looked confused. "Nothing weird going on?"

Batgirl shook her head, mystified. "No, something weird is definitely going on. There are no recent logs."

"But this is the Tube that we got an alert about," Siren pointed out with a frown. "I downloaded the coordinates as soon as Nightwing and I got a notice on it."

"Are you sure it was this exact Tube?"

Siren crossed her arms with a huff. "Maybe I was wrong. But this is still the correct coordinates and I don't see another Tube, do you?"

Before they could discuss it any further, a beep sounded in their ears. "Beta Squad, we got word from Captain Atom that the United Nations Headquarters is under attack. We need you to investigate."

Siren glanced at the other girls before she responded; Wonder Girl had perked up, eager for a little action. "Copy that, Mal. We're on our way," she answered.

One short trip across the rooftops later and it was easy to tell that whoever was attacking was no ordinary assassin. Judging by the hole ripped out of the side of the building, exposing the interior of the building that was scattered with security—hopefully just unconscious, the culprit was wasting no time.

Siren led Batgirl and Wonder Girl through the path of destruction, straight toward the main office. "I know by being Secretary-General, Tseng probably has had some hits on him, but something to this scale?" she wondered, looking back to address the two.

"I know. Something doesn't feel right about this," Batgirl agreed.

"What, do you think whoever's behind this isn't...human?" Wonder Girl questioned to which Siren only shook her head.

As they drew closer to the office, the gunfire grew louder. At least he's got protection. But Siren's momentary relief was squashed when the gunfire ended abruptly.