Depths

I'm so nervous for this chapter lol. It's a bit on the short side but I hope you all can enjoy it. I remember seeing this episode for the first time and being in shock at what happened.

Here's where you guys will see where exactly Jenna stands in everything involving Kaldur being undercover. Let me know your thoughts! I don't like to force people to verbally react to my chapters because, to me, it's not a high priority, but it's been a little quiet lately and I'd love to know what you think of the fic and characters so far!

~/~/~/~

Mount Justice

March 19, 11:42 EDT

"I get swamped with coursework and suddenly, I miss out on everything."

Siren examined the images of the two newcomers. One of them being Bart Allen, the future grandson of Barry Allen and Iris West-Allen. He claimed that he was a tourist, wanting to see what his grandfather was like in his prime, but his time-traveling machine was busted so he was stuck in the past indefinitely. Maybe even definitely.

As for the other...Red Arrow found Speedy. With the help of his wife, Cheshire, they were able to locate the guy–alive–but missing an arm which explained how the Light was able to create not only Red Arrow but Jim Harper as well.

Goddamn midterms making me miss out on everything.

"They're both gonna wind up our responsibility, aren't they?" Mal questioned.

"Not necessarily," Nightwing pointed out with a weary sigh. "Bart...Impulse...is staying with Jay and Joan Garrick in Central City. Roy, the original Speedy, is recuperating at Royal Memorial Hospital in Star City."

Siren glanced over at Mal. "I've been helping both Green and Red Arrow keep an eye on him when I'm not here or trying to finish up assignments," she said. "Although, oddly enough, a hospital is mostly quiet enough to work on papers so..." She shrugged.

Mal hummed. "They're both gonna wind up our responsibility," he confirmed.

"Doesn't everything?" Superboy scoffed. "I mean, where are we on identifying the Light's new partner?"

Siren tilted her head back, stifling a groan while Nightwing pinched his nose with a sigh. "No progress," they said simultaneously.

Siren dropped her head when Miss Martian's giggling drew her attention. Her friend was following Lagoon Boy into the room as he was happily eating some snacks she had made.

"La'gaan, don't eat so fast!"

Siren quickly glanced over to gauge Superboy's reaction to the couple, but with his back facing her, it wasn't easy. The tension in his shoulders was noticeable though.

"I can't help it, Angelfish," Lagoon Boy said. "The idea of cooking crabs is amazing enough. But making them into little cakes?"

Siren couldn't help but smile, remembering when Miss Martian herself was so excited about the unknown. It made her a little nostalgic for their teenage years.

Miss M chuckled. "You're gonna choke," she warned.

Superboy's 'if only' was pretty audible, making Siren quietly chuckle. She held her hands up in surrender when he turned to shoot her a look.

"Here, let me," Miss Martian said sweetly, opting to feed the crab cakes to Lagoon Boy said.

The Atlantean hummed happily. "If that's not true love, I don't know what is, chum," he said, pointedly looking at Superboy.