Endgame

Here we go, here's the finale of A Siren's Echo! Who's ready for what's coming? I'm not and I even wrote the thing :')

~/~/~/~

Star City

June 20, 03:20 PDT

Jenna's eyes popped open before she quickly grabbed her phone to make it stop its incessant ringing, not wanting to wake the person sleeping in her bed. Is this my goddamn life now?

She glanced back at Dinah, who looked worse for wear, before standing up and moving to the living room.

"Hello?" she said in a hushed tone.

"Jenna, it's Captain Atom."

She frowned while she closed her bedroom door. "Is there a reason you're calling so early, Captain? Dinah is still staying over after what happened yesterday."

What had happened was she, Captain Marvel, and Black Lightning were essentially beaten up and booted out of the Warworld by Vandal Savage moments before he activated the colossally huge satellite and went off into space.

Nothing huge.

"I know, and I'm sorry. But we have an emergency on our hands and we're going to need all hands on deck to figure this out."

With a sickening sensation in her stomach, she had a feeling that she knew what he was asking of her.

"Give me five minutes," she said after a long pause, not waiting for an answer before she hung up.

She didn't immediately move though, instead, she stared at nothing in particular as she tried to mentally psych herself up. You'll be okay. Get in, solve the problem, get out, done.

With a long-suffering sigh, she turned back around to return to her room. She needed to change and leave a note behind for her sister before she had to go off and end whatever new crisis came up.

~/~/~/~

The Watchtower

June 20, 07:16 EDT

"Recognized: Siren, B-zero-two."

"Alright, this better not have been a ruse to get me to reconsider my decision," she called out the moment she exited the Zeta-Tube.

But her face dropped when she saw the grim look Captain Atom gave her. "I'm afraid not. Have you noticed what's been going on this morning?"

Siren scoffed, looking at the satellite imagery projected in front of the five men, two of those men whom she was purposefully ignoring. "You mean aside from the completely unnatural natural disasters? I didn't think I was going to make it to a Tube without getting thrown halfway across town," she recalled. "Is that what this is about?"

The League's leader nodded. "The natural disasters have escalated everywhere. The rest of the League is spread thin, saving lives across the globe."

Blue Beetle stepped forward. "It's Black Beetle's MFDs," he confirmed. "The Magnetic Field Disrupters the Reach seeded at multiple locations across the Earth."

Siren whipped her head around. "What?"

The young hero looked at the only person in the room who was unaware. "When we went to the Reach ship to stop Black Beetle, I managed to remove his scarab without killing him in the process," he explained. "But when I did, his plan was revealed to me. His plan to remove all evidence of the Reach's attempt to conquer us by destroying the Earth."