FSMB #38: Picturesque

“Falling in love with someone you had no intentions on falling for, is the most beautiful kind of love. No forcing chemistry, or trying to save them. Just a pure, raw connection that created on its own.” - JMC

Third Person Point Of View...

Kim woke up the next morning with Menard on her side. He silently watching her while he caressing her belly. She smiles as she felt tickles all around her tummy. So she immediately hold Menard's hand and stop it from moving.

"It tickles..." She whisper with a smile on her lips.

Menard immediately lift his hand from Kim's tummy and mumbled sorry. Kim just mouthed its fine. After that Menard also smile for a second and then fix Kim's bed.

"This is getting a habit. Don't you think?" Menard said that made Kim knot her forehead. Menard look away and even cross his arms. He seems like wondering with the thought Kim couldn't get. A few seconds after that Menard look back to Kim with a serious face and say...

"Me watching you until you woke up?" Menard said with a smile slowly painted on his face. Kim can't help but to also smile as to what Menard just said. It is also made her to almost laugh with him acting up. His hilariousness which she rarely see.

Pero kung iisipin nga naman madalas ngang si Menard ang nandiyan sa tuwing gigising siya pagkatapos ng mga nakakapod na insidenteng nangyari sa kaniya. And she is beyond thankful to him. She was able to somehow get through the loneliness of being left by people she love.

"Are you feeling alright?" Menard asked after a moment of silent. He also want to check if she really is okay. Sabi kasi ng doctor ay pwede na itong ma-discharge dahil okay na naman na ito. Hindi naman ganoon kalala ang naging tama nito at wala rin namang masamang nangyari sa bata na dinadala nito.

"I guess I'm okay." Kim answered after she try to moved her left shoulder and see if it'll hurt. Though it's still hurt but the pain is bearable.

"That's good to hear. I will just go to the counter and ready your discharge paper so I can take you home now. And you don't have to worry about our baby nothing bad happen to him. I make sure the doctor made that information clear." Ani ni Menard bago ito tuluyang tumayo at lumabas ng kwarto ni Kim.

Nakahinga naman ng maayos si Kim dahil sa sinabi ni Menard. Mula kasi kahapon ay walang nagsasabi sa kaniya sa kalagayan ng kaniyang anak. Nakatulog na nga lang ito na puno ng pag-aalala sa kalagayan ng anak.

Habang wala si Menard ay hindi nakatakas sa kaniyang isipan ang nangyari sa kaniya at sa mismong araw ng birthday ni Nate. Mabilis ang mga naging pangyayari na hindi na niya nagawang tignan kung sino ang taong bumaril sa kaniya.

She remember how Menard immediately came to her and protect her while that person was mercilessly shooting them. If not for Menard she could have been shot somewhere else and put the life inside her in danger.

Kim smiled that nothing bad happens to her child. She don't care if she get hurt as long as her child is safe.

Pero unti-unti rin namang nawala ang mga ngiti sa labi ni Kim ng mapagtanto ang nangyari. Hindi nito naiwasang takpan ang kaniyang bibig sa gulat.

Agad siyang napatingin sa pintuan kung saan lumabas si Menard. How can she be so sensitive? Wala siyang ibang ginawa kundi ang mag-alala sa bata na dinadala niya na hindi na niya nagawang isipin ang mga posibleng natamo ni Menard habang pinoprotektahan siya nito sa taong walang habas na bumabaril sa kanila.

He could have suffered more than her. How can he act so natural towards her as if nothing happened to him? Kim can't help but to burst in tears to her realization...