FSMB #42: Menard's Menace

"There are holes in danger I would rather to enter than to live in fear of what might happen next..." - JMC

Third Person Point Of View...

In the dark corner of the room, a noise of a continuous tapping from the keyboard's echoing.

Menard is now in their company specifically in his dad's office. He went here after a week of ransacking his brain about what he could do to protect Kim. His first plan was to sneak into his father's house and explore his office because knowing his dad, he would definitely store most of his files and database information to a place where he has more power and authority and that's his house. But of course it would be too stupid of him to go there knowing the numbers of security guarding from the outside of the house up to his dad's main office. If he doesn't know his dad, he might have thought that he's a mafia boss and not a CEO of an architectural company.

Their company is actually the least unguarded place that belonged to his dad. He wouldn't be surprised at all because their company is just a cover -up for his father's real business. That's why it was mostly him who's handling the company. But despite knowing all that, Menard thinks it would still be practical for him to start from the bottom to plan his way to catch a much bigger fish.

Menard was trying to gather any information he could use against his dad and Megan. All the transactions, unknown clients, to suspicious projects their company were in charge of or if fortunate a general ledger that contains top secret information about their company's transactions and clients. To be honest, as the COO of the company he should have all the means and power to access such information. He has been in charge of implementing and overseeing the day-to-day operations, processes and strategies towards the overall mission and vision of the company and yet he can't access a piece of information. He really can't believe his dad.

"Shit!" He cursed in frustration. Menard has been sitting in front of the computer for quite a long time trying to find information that he can use. But in that long hours of gathering information, all he saw were a few clients who were yes, suspicious but not enough to put his dad and Megan in prison. Many of their clients are known personalities and business tycoons, but most of the projects those people are involved too are either not done or didn't start at all. But the payment was still processed as if it was meant for something else.

That was just a piece of information that is still of no use unless he do a thorough investigation that proves where the money goes directly to their company's unfinished projects. And he alone is not capable of digging to such extent. He's powerless compare to his dad who have numerous connections from different congregations.

Menard sighed. He covered his face with both of his hands and massage his eyes. He don't know what else to do. He was short staffed and lack of manpower.

In his frustration, someone came to his mind who might help him greatly with the plan he is planting.

***

Menard went to Clinton's company. Because he thought if he want some grip for a little power Clinton is the closest person he could run too. Though he is not sure if he will help him now that he made a much more rift in their relationship.

But he is still hoping that he may be considerate to help him if it is for Kim.

3 years ago Clinton became a rising star in business industry. It happens after he loss all the people he love and cherished. His parents passing and Menard and Megan's betrayal. He was only 23 by that time, but he manages to take the company in fourth spot in the annual ranking of all the businesses in the country. And was also featured in Forbes magazine.