FSMB #44: The Phone

“In the journey of finding the truth, there is no way not to reveal a secret, no matter how hard it is buried in oblivion...” - JMC

Third Person Point Of View...

"Are you okay?" Nahimasmasan si Kim ng marinig ang boses ni Tita Christine.

Yes, she is with her ob now, alone....

She's a seven month pregnant now. Her baby is about to see the world very soon. But, she somehow feel gloom.

Sa mga pagkakataong to she should have been happy. The progress of her baby is good and they are both in a healthy condition. But right now, she feel lost...

She don't have anyone to share the joy with. So being happy is an understatement.

Nung nakaraang linggo kasi kinailangang umuwi ni Manang Sol sa probinsya dahil nasa ospital daw ang asawa niya.

She can't bring herself to call Eyes. Because even though they are good now, she feel like there's already a wall that formed between them. They became distant and awkward with each other. Maybe because they've lost contact with each other for months and now their relationship is still on the process of getting back to how it used to be.

Menard's been acting weird lately. So even if she call him, there is no assurance that he will answer it.

And Clinton...? No, he'll definitely not free his schedules just to be with Kim. She shouldn't have him be included in the first place. 

Time passed so quickly that she didn't realize she's done with her check up.

Kim look at tita Christine who is now wiping off the ultrasound gel in her belly. 

"I’m okay po tita." She forced a smile as she look at her to make sure she's really okay. Tita Christine look at Kim in disbelief.

"I've been assisting you for almost four months now to the point that we already formed a bond. So I've seen enough expression to judge if you're really okay or not. And looking at you right now isn't the same Kim who came to me the past months."

Kim smile in defeat and look straight in the ceiling. Who knew, even tita Christine notice what she is going through.

That's right... How can she forget tita Christine when she's the one who's actually always there for her.

She's the one who always listen to her rants and her experiences during her pregnancy. They've really bond well to the point that she really think of her as her family.

Now she understand why she always feel at ease when she come to the hospital. That because she knew, she finally has someone she can share what she feels.

Tita Christine heave a sigh and just fixed Kim's maternity dress.

"You don't have to tell me anything. But let me give you a little advice, babies feel what their mother is going through. They know when they are loved and they also know when their mother is going through something. And as a baby's nature they eat what their mother feeds them. This might sound a warning but, ayaw mo naman sigurado na ipanganak mo ang baby mo sa sama ng loob diba?" Tita Christine chuckled.

Kim laughs as her eyes also welled up in tears. Tita Christine is right, she has been making her child suffer because of her.

How careless can she ever be?