chapter 3

august 21st, 2020priscilla jean cartertoday i woke up and todays my first day on assignment as a travel cna

august 21st, 2020
priscilla jean carter
today i woke up and todays my first day on assignment as a travel cna. i had landed in california and my agency had sent me a driver to bring me to their office. once i got there i got everything set up including my agency rental property which was a one bedroom apartment that was about 2 blocks from the hospital they had me at. i was excited this assignment was a minimum of 3 months and then my next i find out 1 month in advance to prepare again. i got all my stuff set up once i made it to my apartment. it was a fairly new apartment probably used through travel but everything looked untouched foreal. i loved it after my inspection. they also provided me 5 pairs black scrubs to wear with our agency on it which i was appreciative of. once i was settled i got rest and started my day today with a shower. after i got out i dried off and got dressed i threw on my black scrub pants and shirt with my cheetah crocs and put my braids into a bun on top of my head.

once i made it to the hospital i went to my specified meeting location. i did they're hospital orientation before walking the floor with them. they told me my specific duties which is to aid the patients and nurses when needed and more.

at lunch i went to the cafeteria and just bought something. i was eating when someone approached me. it was a familiar face and i felt my stomach twist a bit. isaiah's cousin los started to approach me. he said "yoo priscilla? i thought that was you. what are you doing out here? where's zay?"

i said "wassup los. we're actually not together anymore."

los said "damn foreal? he must've fucked up
big time to lose a great female like you. what you doing out here tho? i never seen you outta philly."

i laughed and said "just started a new job so
ima get to travel and shit."

he said "that's wassup pri, be safe out here aight? if you need anything let me know."

i said "thanks los, by the way can you do me a favor?"

he said "sure anything."

i said "don't tell isaiah you saw me, please."

he looked concerned and confused but saw the desperation in my eyes and said "okay, you got it pri."

with that he left and i finished break. i went back to the apartment at 7pm and my heart was racing. i pray los doesn't tell him where i am but then again los doesn't owe me any loyalty.

i decided to take a shower try to relax then go to the bar down the street. i got dressed in a black cropped tank top, some distressed mom jeans and black heels. i grabbed my mini black teflar bag with all my shit and headed out.