Tuesday

I got up super early. I wasn't sure what time Lizzie was planning on coming by, and I kinda regretted sending her my address already, because I left it open for her to come at any time.

I was showered, hair washed, and fully dressed before 7am and poured myself a cup of tea to drink while I made sure those emails I had queued were ready to be sent. I definitely appreciated my past self for working last night. I woke up feeling some anxiety, and knew that if I tried to juggle my attention between Lizzie and work today one would definitely suffer, and it wouldn't be Lizzie.

I didn't really fancy losing my job over a woman who'll likely be out of my life before I know it. Not that she's really in it at the minute, but all the same. It was kinda bizarre, just two days ago the idea of meeting someone was an absolute no, but one look in Lizzies green eyes and I'm practically liquid. I wasn't sure how I was going to deal with having her in my space.

With that in mind I quickly ran around tidying things up and lighting candles. That wasn't weird right? I wasn't trying to set a mood, but just have the place looking a bit cosier and more welcoming. People do that, don't they?

My doubt got the best of me and I blew the candle out, before lighting it again and throwing the lighter in the drawer. Sighing to myself at how much of an eejit I was. I mean it's a fucking candle, not a proposal or a declaration of love.

My phone started to ring, which because I was already on edge, caused me to jump and I rushed over to answer it. Thankfully it was just Olivia.

"Hola bitch," she greeted.

"Lovely."

"Are you up?"

"Does it sound like I'm up?"

"Jesus, well you might want to get back into the bed and get out the other side, what's up your arse?"

"Sorry, I'm freaking out."

"Why?"

"Uh, Lizzie?"

"You've already met her, and even after that she's still looking to spend time with you. You're fine, she's clearly not all there."

"You're funny, has anyone ever told you that?"

"Yes but not enough, now that you mention it. Did you get all your work shit done?"

I'm pretty sure she said 'work shit' cause she only has a vague idea of what I do. I couldn't blame her, I went to work with her just two days ago and still didn't really know what she did.

"I did actually, so I can focus on Lizzie while she's here."

"I bet you did," she replied with an implicating tone. I rolled my eyes, but of course she couldn't see.

She continued as she didn't get the verbal reaction she wanted, "I bet you wanna give her all your attention."

"Olivia, I'm hanging up now."

"No don't, I'll be nice!"

After she stopped laughing at herself she did try to be helpful and offered to call around to be an ice breaker before she went to work. I declined though, thinking it might seem a bit weird for Olivia to be here so early, and I couldn't risk her making one of her stupid jokes in front of Lizzie.

Once I got her off the phone and assured her enough that I would call her later to give her an update, I managed to get my hair dried and pour myself another cup of tea. I still hadn't heard from Lizzie after 9, so I sent a quick message to her to see if I could get an idea of when she would be coming.

I say quick, as in it wouldn't take her long to read, but it took me fucking ages to write. Olivia had made my nerves worse and now I was concerned about every word I used, both afraid to scare Lizzie off and at the same time scared to encourage anything.