Friday

I woke up and couldn't feel Lizzie on top of me anymore, so I quickly panicked. Was my snoring so bad that she had to leave?

I was instantly relieved when I rolled over and was met with her sleeping face. Her mouth slightly open, and her eyes relaxed, if she was dreaming it was definitely a good one.

I grabbed my phone, and was pleased that I had caught it in time before my alarm. I didn't want to wake her, not yet at least. I checked my messages, and there was no text from Olivia, but I just guessed that she wasn't up yet. I sent her a message instead before I quickly, and quietly slipped out of bed.

The bathroom was my first stop, I needed to avoid morning breath at all costs so brushing my teeth was a priority. Once I was done, I went back to the kitchen and opened my laptop. I had got a good bit ahead, so today would be an easy one. I checked my emails while I waited for the kettle to boil, and then made myself a piping hot cup of tea to drink while I got started.

I would have usually changed first, but I didn't want to disturb Lizzie going through drawers, and it seemed like she rarely got a lie in. If I could give her that today, then I would.

About an hour or so passed going through emails and sending off projects I had worked on last night. I didn't want to send them in the evening, because as much as I don't mind working late when it suits me, I don't want to give anyone any ideas that I'll do it at their request.

It was around then that I figured it might be time to wake Lizzie. I had closed the door earlier so the noise of the kettle didn't wake her, so I made sure to try and open it as quietly as I could. It was an old handle, so unfortunately was slightly noisy but she seemed a heavy enough sleeper and didn't wake. She had now rolled over to occupy the space I was sleeping in before. Jesus, she was so cute.

I perched on the edge of the bed, and kissed along her hairline until her eyes opened.

"Morning," I smiled.

"Morn-," she was cut off by a yawn.

"Sleep well?"

"Mmm," she hummed, rolling onto her back to stretch.

"You want tea?" I asked, as I stood to leave.

She grunted and I found my movement stopped by her hands pulling at my shirt.

"Come, cuddle," she demanded.

I wasn't in any position to refuse, so kicked off my slippers and returned myself to under the covers. Lizzie pulled me close before rolling to face away. I had been swindled into being the big spoon.

"You know, I like being the little spoon sometimes," I informed her.

"Tonight," she replied. I just smiled into her hair, which was tickling my nose.

I liked the idea of a tonight with Lizzie, I liked the idea of anything with Lizzie honestly. She was breathing life back into me. I didn't want to think about how it would feel to sleep alone again, but the thought always crossed my mind. The lovely thing we had was tainted with a timeline, and then I also worried that the timeline would be very shortly followed by an expiry date.

I tried to relax, and absently began drawing shapes on the part of her stomach I could feel under my hand. Her shirt was riding up a little from her rolling around in bed, and she hadn't yet fixed it. She was so soft, and I could feel the little hairs on her skin.

"Charlie?" she mumbled, her face now half in the pillow.

"Yeah?"

"That's really ticklish."

"Oh, sorry," I stopped moving my hand and she rolled back over to face me. Her nose only an inch from mine.

"Hi," she smiled.