Wednesday

I didn't end up calling Olivia last night. I felt in kind of funny form after Lizzie left, so I just ended up going back to work for a few hours, then doing the dishes from our lunch. I wasn't very hungry for dinner, so I ate a bowl of cereal and had another early night.

When Lizzie said she would call, I for some reason thought it would be sooner rather than later, but I hadn't heard from her at all since she left. I didn't want to reach out to her first though. The whole day had been fine up until she left. She probably regretted kissing me.

As I blinked in the light coming through the crack in my curtains, I replayed the events of the day before over in my head. I needed to gather my thoughts before I spoke to Olivia about it. She texted last night late, and I was already asleep. She would probably be slightly pissed that I didn't reply.

I sat up so I could retrieve my phone, it had become sort of lost in the duvet from having tossed it aside when my alarm woke me. Well, that and I was kind of annoyed that Lizzie hadn't at least texted me. This is exactly what I was trying to avoid by not getting involved with someone. I was too impatient for games and stupid unspoken rules. I couldn't be bothered with the drama of it all, even if Lizzie seemed to be a dream in human form.

It wasn't anything to do with the media, the things that concerned her didn't concern me, what did concern me was her lack of communication. I had to drag that information out of her a bit, despite it involving me.

I kept being reminded of her face just before she left, she had checked her phone and now that I thought about it, maybe her mood was less to do with me and more to do with something else. Who knows, but either way she's made me feel like it's my fault and that isn't cool.

Phone in hand, I hit the call button, and to my surprise Olivia didn't answer.

Okay, maybe she was more annoyed than I thought.

I redialled, and still no answer.

Shit.

Sighing, I pushed myself out of bed and started on a cup of tea so I could at least get caffeinated before I grovel.

Just as I raised the cup to my mouth for my first sip, a knock came at the door and I took my tea with me to answer it. Sometimes my postman would come to the door with parcels, and I didn't care how I looked. He had seen me in worse states before.

"Good morning," I mumbled as I swung the door open.

"Is it?" Olivia replied, half smirking at me.

"What are you doing here?" I stood back out of the way to let her pass and come in.

She pulled her jacket off as she entered, and unzipped her boots before tossing them off her feet.

"Tea?" she requested.

"Grand."

We both made our way to the kitchen and I didn't forget that she hadn't yet answered my question.

"Olivia?"

"Right, sorry. I hadn't heard from you since yesterday, and I don't know. Gut feeling I guess."

"Hmm," I acknowledged what she said, as I slid a hot cup of tea across the counter to her.

"Thanks," she replied, before leaning around me to see if there was a sign of anyone else in the flat.

"It's just me."

"Right. Did it not go well?"

"I honestly have no fucking idea."

"What happened?"

"I don't know. We had a nice day, had lunch, and did her script stuff. It was all fine, and then she kissed me-"