six

a/n: no pov?? no pov?? it's a miracle

night fell over the paris horizons, beautiful shades of peach and lavender cascading down onto nick's sun kissed face. his body fully relaxed, as he melted in the glistening afternoon shine. he readjusted his sunglasses, pushing them up his freckled nose so no sun could harass him behind his closed eyes as he rested. he heaved a sigh, pulling out his phone and seeing no new messages from anyone. no notifications, no new refreshing excitement.

that's how nick always felt, he supposed, empty. he felt like something was missing. he enjoyed being alone, but he hated feeling alone, which he felt all the time.

he wanted the opportunity to make someone happy, he didn't have a preference for who. he just wanted somebody to share stories with, to tell him all of the boring stuff you wouldn't care enough to tell anyone else. nick would like to listen to long stories that never seem to get to the point if they were being told by the voice of his love.

he just had to meet them first.

it was then when he got a gentle buzz from his phone, distracting him from his relaxed spot in the french shade. it was from tara, in a group chat called "we get bitches + nick". but nick didn't take any offence to the name, he didn't want bitches, he wanted so much more than that.

nick had met tara during his vacation, nick was staying with his father in france for a few months now. he had time to kill, and he made two friends. tara and elle. both were just as lonely as nick, but they seemed to have eachother, which nick admired.

his phone buzzed again, this time a synchronised symphony of notes and melodies, he answered the phone.

"nicky!" she exclaimed, smile beaming through the phone.

"hi, tara." he responded plainly, still charming enough to be friendly.

"come see me and elle at my fathers cafe, i can text you the address. we miss you!" she giggled, and nick didn't need telling twice.

he loved his father, truly, but sometimes it felt like his father didn't love him. his father just loved how much nick looked up to him. nick always wanted to be like his father, but now, he couldn't imagine anything worse. his father was low, but always expected the highest. nick could go on and on about how much his father sucked, but in short, he's a dickhead.

nick kicked on some old converse as he shut the gaping black, iron gates behind him and set off for tara's bakery. his feet (and a roboticly voiced lady) carried him all the way there.

it was a cute little shack, ivy and ferns crawled up one of the walls in between the cracks of bricks, daisies sprouting and blooming in the heat of the paris sun. the door was painted a soft sage, shutters on the windows painted the same colour aswell.

he pushed the door open, and saw tara and elle sat at a booth near a window. tara noticed him first, rising to her feet and greeting him in a very friendly manner. chattering and rambling about some story nick was too tired to listen to.

he observes the walls, paintings, shelves, random knick knacks, a cafe menu, a counter full of sweet treats, and...

oh my god.

nick froze in place as he saw the worker stood behind the treats, beautiful golden alabaster skin, light dashings of freckles on his shoulders and nose. eyebrows, bushy and determined. high cheek bones, with a look that was watching you, but also looking right through you. chocolate eyes, little flicks of gold shining in the sunlight of the spring weather. his cheeks dusted a light brushing of pink upon nicks entry, lips looking soft and curling into a little smile. nick loved the smile. he needed more of that smile.

"oh, that's right, he's charlie! he works here, don't let him bother you he's an angel!" tara explained.

'oh my god, tell me about it.' nick silently commented to himself. he could truly picture a halo sat atop the boys head.

his figure was slim, but not skinny, he had good shape about him without being ripped.

nick blinked rapidly, trying to force himself out of whatever daydream he had been imagining with this boy. charlie.

he was now sat at the table with elle and tara, they were busy gossiping and nick was busy admiring, he reminded himself to get the boys number before leaving.