four (tw for sh)

SH TRIGGER WARNING
prompt: charlie has a relapse, and nick comes over and helps clean him up.

charlie
i hoist myself up onto my bathroom counter, and deeply exhale, tilting my head back and melting onto the wall. i don't know why i just did what i did. i glanced down at my wrist, running my finger tips over it. i wish i had never done it, now everyone will think i'm so vulnerable. i'm not vulnerable, i just got the urge.

i hear the bathroom door click and my head snaps up to see nick, oh god, nick. i didn't tell him, how did he know? oh god, i bet he's going to be so disappointed in me. tears well in my eyes as i watch his sad expression as he observes me. i felt terrible, poor nick doesn't deserve this.

tori must've told him. i thought i'd be angrier, but i'm actually quite grateful now that he's here with me. he takes a slow step closer before we're just inches apart.

"what happened, baby?" he asks me, pulling me into his soft and gentle embrace. i shake out a sob, as he rubs my back. i sniffle and pull away from him, as he opens the cupboard next to my head to search for the first aid kit.

"i-i don't know," i stammer, "i'm sorry." tears continue to fall down my cheeks as i look up at him, i know he won't get angry but he'll be disappointed, which would be even worse.

"don't say sorry, char, it's okay. i understand. let's get you cleaned up, shall we?" he said, trying to lighten the mood which i nodded to. i didn't want to talk in case my voice broke.

he finally found the kit, snapping it open and looking over the things inside deciding what would be best to use. i wiped my eyes with my sleeve. he pulled out some antibiotic cream, applying it to some of the cuts that were deeper, i whimpered as it stung but he kissed me and told me it was all okay. then he put different types of bandages or plasters depending on the length of the cuts. then, he took my wrist and pressed gentle kisses onto the scratches and softer parts of my skin. i giggled at the tickely sensation, and his eyes lit up as he looked at me.

he pulled me closer to him, kissing my cheek, "please let me know when you feel like this, okay? i'll come see you and we can talk about it. i promise." he assured me, and i just curled further into his chest. his hands found the underneath of my thighs, picking me up and carrying me to my bed, he set me down and sat next to me. he put my head into his lap, and ran his fingers through my hair.

"i love you."

"i love you too."