Hello Old Friend

"Hi. I'm here to see James Cook."

"Yes, Cook. It's a damn shame."

"Excuse me?"

"What he did. That man didn't deserve it. He helped my sister out, you know. I don't understand why he would do such a thing—"

"For me. He did it for me. I'm the one the psychologist beat half to death and put into a coma. He killed Foster for me."

"I'm sorry. I didn't—" I raise my hand.

"Save it. Just let me see my friend." She takes down my name and hands me a pass, and another guard escorts me to the visitors' room. I sit down in the chair at a table and wait for the inmates to come in. When Cook sees me, his face lights up. He walks over to the table and I stand up. I wish I could hug him, but I know they would throw a bitch fit. We smile and both sit down.

"How ya doin cupcake?"

"I'm doing better. It's really good to see you Cook."

"You too love. How's Freds?"

"He's good. He's happy I'm getting back into the swing of things." He wants to ask about Effy. I can see it all over his face. "Effy is doing good. She stayed away from me for a little while, but she's coming around."

"Why?"

"She blamed herself for what happened. She felt that if she didn't go crazy, I would have been ok, and you..."

"Wouldn't be here."

"Yeah. So what's it like here?"

"I'm getting used to it."

"Got fucked yet?"

"You know me cupcake, I'll put up a fight before I let that happen to me." I laugh. That's the Cook I know.

"When I heard what you did, I didn't know how to react. I couldn't believe it." I sigh. "Why did you do it?"

"For you. He hurt you. Freddie was crushed, man. I've never seen him like that before. If you died, he was ready to go too. That man messed up our family, and I couldn't let him get away with that."

"Thank you Cook. I just wish you weren't here."

"That's what happens when you stop running."

"Alright! Times up!" the guard says. We stand up and I reach in my bag and pull out a magazine and hand it to him.

"For when you get that feeling." I say winking. He laughs and takes the magazine. I wave one last time before I watch him disappear behind the door.

X

Cook's POV:

I was really happy to see Ana. I'm glad she's ok. The guard inspects the magazine and hands it back to me. I go into my stall and they shut the door. I lie on my bed and flip through it. Tits and fannies everywhere. She really does know me. As I'm flipping through, and some pictures fall out. The first one is a picture of our whole group, the second is Freddie, JJ and I, the next one is a picture of Paddy, another is Freddie, Ana and me and the last one is of me and Ana. I mentally thank her for these and put them under my pillow. She really cares for me. And she knows I care for her.

X

Sorry it's so short, but now you know where Cook is :'(. I kept to the story and had him kill Foster (good riddance). I'm not sure how I'm going to format the next few chapters, so an Author's Note will be up soon.