9| You All Along Pt. 3

The beach bash was in full swing by the time Lisa and I made our fashionably late arrival

The beach bash was in full swing by the time Lisa and I made our fashionably late arrival. We were immediately met with compliments and open stares from our fellow student body, including Jongin and Lucas who both had Joy and Yeri at their sides. Funny how they were barely paying them any attention. Their eyes were solely on us, much to the girls' dislike. Lisa and I immediately shot each other knowing looks before doing our handshake and laughing.

"So, are you going to talk to Lucas?" I suggested, hoping that Lisa would see how much he was not over her and that they could patch things up.

She rolled her eyes. "Please Chaeng. The last thing I want to do is give him any type of satisfaction." Then she suddenly locked eyes with someone and smiled. "In fact, I think I see Ten over there checking me out. Time to go mingle!"

"Okay, bestie. Have fun!" I told her as she strutted her stuff towards the lemonade stand, where Ten was standing. Even thought I was still rooting for her and Lucas to get back together, Lisa definitely deserves to have some fun in the meantime and I wasn't going to stop her.

Suddenly, I felt a light tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Jongin towering over me in his beach shorts and open button shirt that generously showcased his sun kissed skin and abs. It wasn't like I had never seen him shirtless before but for some reason, I was rendered speechless and trying hard not to blush. Luckily, he didn't seem to notice as he talking. "I should've known you would show up and have everyone's jaw dropping."

I cocked my eyebrow up. "So your jaw dropped too?" We both shared a laugh before I noticed Joy hanging back and giving me the stink eye. "Why were you talking to Joy?"

"She's been all over me for the past hour," Jongin said with a weary tone, sighing loudly.

"Well no need to fear. Park Chaeyoung, the bodyguard, is here." I joked.

He laughed. "Oh yeah? You think you can protect from danger?"

"Boy, have you seen these arms?" I questioned as I proudly flexed my nonexistent arm muscles for him to see.

He stifled in his rest of his laughter as he said, "you're right, I'm sorry. You'll have to excuse my ignorance." Then he smirked as he added, "the thing is, I've never had a hot bodyguard before."

"Uh huh." I told him while trying to fight a smile of my own. Suddenly, and while I still had some nerve left, I pulled the string that loosened my cover up and took it off all together while feeling his eyes lingering on my every move. "Well you should make sure to enjoy your hot bodyguard to the fullest while she's on her shift." I told him while walking away, making sure to look over my shoulder and give him a quick wink.

His reaction was priceless and I could see he was tempted to follow me as I made my way towards Lisa and Ten who were drinking and chatting away. Then she spotted me and yelled, "oh Chaengie! There you are!"