3| How You Love to Hate Me Pt. 1

"Move your foot Jongin

"Move your foot Jongin."

"No."

This is what Rosé's first period classes consisted of every single week day. Instead of engaging in class and learning about the history of their country, whispers and constant bickering in the back of Mrs. Moon's classroom had become a daily morning routine for her and none of the other students bothered to interrupt since their classmates had grown use to the little fights that took place.

She sighed inwardly as she felt the bottom of her seat being rubbed against with the boy's foot, scraping the seat's metal and plastic material and kicking it softly enough for it to be unheard by the teacher. The goal, as always, was to kick it hard enough to get Rosé's attention. She rolled her eyes before glancing at the teacher, making sure Mrs. Moon had her back to the class before she turned around to glare at the culprit.

"Move your damn foot Kim Jongin." She told him, strongly emphasizing each word.

"I said no, Rosé." He responded back with that mischievous yet sexy smirk that she loathed so much. It was enough to make her reach down and smack his lower leg, causing him to almost cry out in pain as he placed his foot down on the floor and leaned his upper body over, trying to nurse the pain in his leg. "Must you always resort to violence?" He quietly hissed at her.

She rolled her eyes before turning her head to the side momentarily, looking at him out the corner of her eye as she answered, "With you? Always."

The same song and dance always occurred between Rosé and Jongin whether it be in Mrs. Moon's history class or anywhere else where they just so happened to have the pleasure of each other's company. Unfortunately for them, that was more often than not since they both were apart of the same circle of friends. It was because of this that Rosé tried her best to play nice with the school heartthrob. Tried meaning that the niceties never lasted longer than a few minutes since Jongin made it his business to taunt her none stop.

And yet, Rosé couldn't bring herself to totally hate him. Whenever he wasn't being a total thorn in her side, she found that he was quite capable of having deep and insightful conversations and that underneath his bad boy reputation, he was quite intelligent and could be sweet when he wanted to be, especially with children. She always felt herself soften at the fact that he absolutely loved children and they seemed to take to Jongin, including her little sister Alice.

Jongin was a regular volunteer at the daycare after school and Alice, being one of the many kids that went there, had harbored a crush on him for the longest time. However, once Rosé explained to her why Jongin couldn't be her "Prince Charming", her little sister quickly decided that Rosé was the next best thing to making Jongin apart of the family much to the older girl's annoyance and Jongin's amusement.