1

| meet me at our spot- https://youtu.be/XIqXtcNceh0 |

june (present)

It's a Thursday morning. A strange day of the week, three days in right after the middle. Enough hours are spent to have the tiredness begin seeping inside people's bodies and make them wish that the weekend was here already. However, Thursday's also held a distant excitement for the next day was a Friday- a personal favourite of people since it brought the long awaited weekend close to it.

For Seokjin, Thursday's are just the same as any other day and the alarm ringing on his phone waking him up 6 am every morning says the same.

"All I ask for is to sleep a longer time". Seokjin groans and stretches out his hand over his bed to switch off the ringing tone of the alarm.

How much ever Seokjin curses the onset of the morning and the faint glow of the sun starting to stream through his curtains, he knows that his body will move on autopilot either way. He rubs his eyes of sleep and yawns, quickly closing his mouth and cringing at the smell of his morning breath. He still doesn't understand how people in books and movies were fond of giving morning kisses- didn't they have morning breath? Did they like the other person enough to taste the stinking odour coming from the other's mouth? They probably do.

Seokjin knows someone who he wouldn't mind sharing a morning kiss with.

He heads to the washroom to take a quick shower- by quick, the maximum amount of time goes till one full hour at most, sometimes more to the point his mother has to come running upstairs and bang on his washroom door- warning him that he will get late for school.

He has an extensive shower and skin care routine- starting with washing his face with different kinds of serums and face wash, wearing a face mask as he does his 'business' and then scrubbing his body and massaging it well.

There's a pimple on his forehead today. He brushes up his bangs to cover that part.

Would he look better if he had bigger eyes? Seokjin washes his face again, focuses on his eyes, tries to get some water inside it to make it look bigger, glossier. It still looks the same, if not red. Plus, it itches.

Fuck his eyes.

He dresses up, slips on his round prescription glasses and grabs the essay papers from his desk that he had finished last minute the night before and moves downstairs. Something about Gandhi and his philosophies. Seokjin doesn't remember, he tends to forget things once he is done with his assignment and exams. Who even cares?

While walking down the stairs, he opens his phone which had been fully charged overnight and finds 24 new messages from Hobi, opening out of curiosity he is surprised to see a thread of incoherent keyboard smashes. Laughing, he quickly types in a "wtf , are you okay??" and tucks his phone in his jeans' pocket.

"Good morning, Seokjin!" His mother cheerily calls. Seokjin braces himself for the line following it. "Why do your eyes look so dark? Are those dark circles, baby? Aren't you using the new serum I got you? The concealer? You have got to look good, darling".

Seokjin's father grumbles unhappily from his seat on the dining table and rolls his eyes, taking a sip of his coffee. He wishes he had his father's nonchalant attitude.

"I did use the concealer, did it not cover the circles up?"

His mother shakes his head with downturned lips and moves back to the kitchen and brings him his breakfast plate. Seokjin doesn't fail to notice how his plate has two less sausages than the other two plates.

His mother had started to restrict his diet, thinking he was getting fat.

To his mother, a person's appearances mattered a lot and what people thought were like guidelines of how to live. His mother and him were shopping in a mall when they had come across his mother's distant friend and she had commented on how Seokjin must have a good appetite. It didn't help that he was munching on a chicken wrap then.