2

11th March (last year, 15 months ago, flashback)

He should be used to this.

Seokjin had changed enough schools in his 16 years of lifetime to adjust himself to the environment that came with every school- the different crowds of people, the kind of teachers, the campus.

His father had a job that required him to transfer once in a while and though he had promised Seokjin that this would be the last time they moved (considering that there were only 2 years of his high school left), there was no absolute guarantee.

It wasn't that he had a hard time adjusting. Seokjin could adapt well to new situations- whether it be living in hotel rooms while his father searches for a new house or living in his aunt's house with his annoying cousins while his parents buy brand new furniture pieces. Seokjin was used to it.

However the problem was, he had a difficult time making friends. He was shy at first and didn't really have much courage to be the one to step up to someone to initiate a conversation. If Seokjin did manage to make some friends, the problem was fitting in that particular group.

You see, he was never enough. For the popular group- he wasn't cool enough. Seokjin didn't really drink or smoke and though he liked going to parties, he wasn't that fond of the things that went on in most high school parties.

For the nerd group- it wasn't as if Seokjin was dumb. He was a great student but he had difficulty in scoring good in his exams, he had to do that with a lot of effort. Unlike other "good students", Seokjin had an intense habit of procrastination and the only two subjects he did enjoy were Literature and Psychology. Plus, he himself got bored hanging out with this group- their main topic either used to be how much someone scored or discussing of questions and topics Seokjin didn't know much about.

Like black holes and how the universe came to be.

Shouldn't it be enough that you're living in this universe? Why do you want to know how it's discovered? Be in the present moment.

Then came the middle group or the outcasts. These two groups...they didn't really need fitting in...they were made for people who were inclined to be standing out.

No matter how many schools he changed, Seokjin never really made any long lasting true friends- if you don't count Ken and Sandeul of his middle school, who he only texted with to wish them a happy birthday or a good new year.

His Instagram depicted his platonic life quite well. He did have a good 500 followers and plenty of online friends he texted once in a while but his photos barely managed to get a 100 likes and perhaps 2-3 comments by someone who decided to pity on him and make his day. Seokjin had learnt to stop posting after a while (or turn off the comments when he did post- which were later archived anyways if it didn't hit 100 likes).

However those with lots of friends, even with a set 200 followers managed to get 40 comments. That said a lot.

So, yes, when Seokjin opened the door to his new classroom, his wish wasn't to get great marks or to have the teachers like him (which they did anyways since he did have an amiable nature).

His wish, was to make a friend. 

Or friends, if God decided to shower extra luck on him.

.....

The first day went by and Seokjin's wish wasn't really fulfilled. There were some people who talked to him but none really went over the border of introducing themselves.