7

4th May (flashback, past)

He flips through the pages of his textbook again, back to the first page of the chapter- "Introduction to Microeconomics". Jungkook rubs his eyes- a cramp had already begun to form at the back of his neck and his wrist was aching- he had been highlighting important points and writing lines and data he might have to learn on colourful post-it notes since an hour with no break in between.

He was sitting in Seokjin's room, at the desk and the air conditioner was set to 25. His room was completely different from Seokjin's. Firstly he shared his with Soobin and the shades of his room were more greys and blacks. It was always kept clean (Jungkook liked to be organised) and the walls were bare except a few certificates of participation and winning during sports days.

Seokin's was lavender and white toned and the walls were filled with posters of classic and 90's movies- ranging from a Casablanca black and white poster (Jungkook had never heard of this movie but he wouldn't dare tell Seokjin so in fear of appearing stupid or getting lectured instead) to the iconic scene of Marilyn Monroe with the skirt of her dress flying up while she poses, to Seokjin's favourite movie poster- La La Land. There were even photo cards of singers and boy groups- plenty of One Direction ones and a huge bookshelf. There were figurines and plushies decorating the room in intervals, most of the soft toys resting on Seokjin's bed- the main ones being a white alpaca and a teddy bear.

Jungkook did have a few figurines but they were of the Avengers and hidden somewhere in the corners of his room. He had grown up.

The door to the room opens and in walks Seokjin, a tray in his hands. He closes the door by the edge of his foot and makes his way to where Jungkook is sitting and puts down the tray on the desk.

"Tada! Spicy Korean rice cakes and coffee milk for you!"

There was a packet of Cosmos Sweet and Hot snack (something Jungkook loved munching on) and a package of coffee infused milk.

"You're a saviour". Jungkook gratefully opens the coffee milk and presses the opening of the package against his lips, drinking in the cold milk and breathing out in relief. "I really needed this, god".

"You should be lucky you have me. Personally I don't think I get paid enough". Seokjin says, putting his hand on his hips and nodding to himself in thought.

A smile forming on his face, Jungkook opens the spicy rice cake packet and feeds one to Seokjin, who takes it immediately from his hands and eats it. "This is a horrible way of payment but seeing that my lover is still broke, this will suffice".

"I am not broke!"

"You didn't go to the market to get fresh rice cakes!"

"That's because I am lazy. And tired". Jungkook states, his eyes going back to his economics textbook.

Seokjin knows how much Jungkook has to deal with- the other had intentionally taken the most difficult and content heavy subjects so that he could have a higher chance to get into a good college.

And he was just in year 11.

He pats Jungkook's head comfortingly. "Need any help?"

He knows Jungkook will say no, he never says yes for help. Jungkook is the type of person to be lying inside a ditch and asking for a hand but when someone stretches their hand out, Jungkook will push it away.

But he must really be tired today because he nods. "I still have to annotate the rest of the chapter and then try to understand what the hell is going on. I have some class notes pending to make, I had recorded them on my phone during class but...I am too tired to actually-".